NBA All-Star Celebrity Game Open Thread

Friday, February 15, 2008


When I said it was the best event of the weekend I wasn't lying and that's why I'm going to be keeping track of this trainwreck. Stuart Scott is wearing a mask and they actually have a chef courtside cooking for the announcers and players. I'm not kidding.

Mark Jones and Jon Barry on the call so this one should be fun. Oh and Stuart Scott just said Chris Paul plays for the New Orleans Jazz. Trainwreck time!
_______________________________

Soul Patrol! Is in the house sporting the salt and pepper look and everyone seems to think Deion Sanders is going home with the MVP. I'm going out on a limb and picking Terry Crews. Okay seriously the just had a fortune teller read tarot cards for Amare Stoudamire. That was just creepy.



Do those unis have an Argyle pattern? That's just wrong. Oh and just because you'd want me to.....



Yeah that's a bit of a height difference. Okay here we go! Shaq is in the house and I'm praying that him and Bill Walton go at each other at some point tonight.

So it's a good thing they have Walton mic'd up so we can here him say "shoot it" over and over again. Ha and Stuart Scott just didn't realize they were back on air. Now he's getting some shrimp dish made for him. Great stuff....you can't write this.

Damn....they stuck with Jamison eating the shrimp dish too long and we missed the end of the 1st Quarter. Balls. I think New Orleans is winning. Hahahahaha......ESPN just aired a commercial about College Basketball linking in the move "Vantage Point"....so bad. Whoa and Deion with a hell of a drive right there.

"What do I got to do to get a call? Do I have to buy you some fries or something?"- Stephen A. Smith

Why in the hell are they calling fouls in this game? Seriously...this does not need to be longer than it has to.

Oh no.....Terrell Owens is in the house.

Gabrielle Union is on Stephen A's bench.... lets just end this now, put her and Erin Andrews in a vat of craw fish, and see who comes out with the least amount of clothes on. (Via Marc)

Good to see that Chris Tucker is still getting work....



"Aww Dammit."- Stephen A. Smith on mic

I'm glad he didn't throw the name God in front of that dammit. Ric Bucher is apparently the commissioner of this game and someone just got traded for Deion. I'm so confused. Someone is beating someone at halftime and T.O. is killing it.

Does Melo not understand the concept of drums? (Via Anon)

Apparently not that was a dreadful performance. I'm pretty bored with this game and I'm ready to give up. I'm just waiting for T.O. to blow his knee out. Oh snap....my MVP Terry Crews just broke it down midcourt. Nice.

Damn T.O. just threw one down!!!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 7:00 PM

22 Comments:

A terot card reader? Ha, she just said you'll be on ESPN Sunday. Too bad the game is on TNT!

Is it sad I'm looking forward to this game more than the real All-Star Game?

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:12:00 PM  

CHRIST. Amare Stoudemire talking to one of those "genuine" New Orleans Tarot Card readers.

I fucking hate ESPN.

Maybe they can have a "genuine" voodoo ceremony at halftime. They could sacrifice chickens and everything! Or would PETA get upset?

What do you people think goes on down there? I've lived there. It's not a Cinemax movie, you'll be disappointed to know.

J.J. said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:15:00 PM  

Alyssa Milano. Is there a law that if you have a sport, she has to be there.

Some "celebrities." To borrow from Coming to America, I guess Joe the Policeman from the "What's Going Down" episode of That's My Mama must have been busy.

J.J. said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:20:00 PM  

It's like you guys knew I would be here tonight. I love not having to say anything and people just show up......we're going to have fun tonight.

Drinking Game: Every missed shot drink

Feb 15, 2008, 7:23:00 PM  

I'd rather watch the old-timers. I am so sick of celebrity-everything. I mean, when The Apprentice and Survivor go "celebrity," it has officially jumped the shark. I have never understood why I'm supposed to be interested in some 1980s former child star from a lame-ass sitcom is learning how to dance.

But I'm sorry to say, AA, that I am getting ready to go out to eat with my wife. I hope you get some more guys out there. Good luck!

J.J. said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:33:00 PM  

If you build it....they will come.

Feb 15, 2008, 7:38:00 PM  

But before I go...

Stuart Scott, you ignorant fuck. I'm originally from South Louisiana. And there ain't nobody says "scrimp" instead of "shrimp." And even if they do, it isn't funny. Just shut the fuck up and show the game, assholes.

J.J. said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:38:00 PM  

Worst. Trombone. Player. Ever

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:44:00 PM  

Gabrielle Union is on Stephen A's bench.... lets just end this now, put her and Erin Andrews in a vat of craw fish, and see who comes out with the least amount of clothes on.

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:46:00 PM  

please tell me someone else saw that Chris Tucker stat...

3 movies since 1998.

haha

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:50:00 PM  

oh.mi.god...

i hope TO tears an ACL on a crossover.. MAKE IT HAPPEN ESPN!

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:51:00 PM  

No Mr. Walton, this event is one of the greatest injustices of Western Civilization.

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 7:54:00 PM  

Does Melo not understand the concept of drums?

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:27:00 PM  

SAS just told them to eat some cookies. What happened to cheese doodles???

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:38:00 PM  

Add Alyssa Milano to the vat of crawfish and I'll watch

Hope nobody at the NHL is watching, they would reconsider going back to ESPN.

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:40:00 PM  

Great dunk by T.O.

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:40:00 PM  

You heard it here first... Spygate II- Walton has someone fliming the other sideline

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:41:00 PM  

Is there really a point to having someone cook during the game?

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

just to get FAT

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

Haha, SAS pulled a Chris Webber!!

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

Speaking of train wrecks, John Saunders could drive better than he can call a game these days.

/low blow

@jg:
....Stephanie Abrams can't get no love in the vat of crawfish?

Anonymous said...
Feb 15, 2008, 9:27:00 PM  

Chris Tucker's been seen at a lot of Magic games last week. Guess he was...erm, studying?

Though he did shoot some t-shirts into the crowd with a giant cannon thing very well.

Anonymous said...
Feb 16, 2008, 8:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment