A Super Bowl Prop Bet For The Ages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008


He already burned me once this year by not saying the name Jessica Simpson in Dallas' Playoff game against the Giants, but this seems like a great bet for those of you who do that sort of thing. Via Sports Biz...

My big bet this year is "How Many Times Will (Fox Announcer) Joe Buck Mention Peyton Manning's Name During The Broadcast?"

The over/under is 5.5 times.

If you take the over, BoDogLife.com is paying out $100 for every $125 wagered. If you take the under, the Web site will pay out $100 for every $115 wagered.

Before I analyze, let me just set up a couple terms for you. A "Peyton Manning" mention counts if Buck says "Peyton Manning" or "Peyton." It does not count if he says "Eli's brother" or "his brother." Another point worth adding is that the broadcast consists of the time in between the opening kickoff and when the clock hits zero.
The biggest thing to consider is that it has to be during the action, so I'm inclined to go with the under. I'm also inclined to believe that Buck will see what I picked and to the exact opposite. He can read minds you know.

Super "Prop Bet" That I Need Your Help On (CNBC: Sports Biz)

8 Comments:

Try to collect from that site IF you win. GUARANTEE they pressure you to "keep it in an account and bet some other sports". NO way would they cut you a check.

Anonymous said...
Jan 29, 2008, 12:08:00 PM  

AA, I've been listening to/watching Joe since he was a kid in the booth with his old man(I'm a Cards fan, ya know), and one thing I have learned about him is that he never disappoints in times like these. I'm taking the over.

UnHoly Diver said...
Jan 29, 2008, 12:10:00 PM  

That picture of Joe Buck looks like someone took the narrator of the Rankin/Bass Santa Claus is Coming to Town and held him under a magnifying glass.

Anonymous said...
Jan 29, 2008, 12:24:00 PM  

Ha...good call Anon. I dunno Bruce...he screwed me on the Simpson one.

Jan 29, 2008, 12:29:00 PM  

Bodog says "Joe Buck must mention full name in order to count." So just him saying "Peyton" won't count.

Anonymous said...
Jan 29, 2008, 1:50:00 PM  

How many NASCAR drivers will be there. That's what I'm interested in finding out. Daytona on Fox! Two weeks away!

J.J. said...
Jan 29, 2008, 2:24:00 PM  

jj, I'm guessing that you'll see The Terminator broads there, that Sparks whore is already singing the National Anthem I believe, and the FOX robot is set to murder the losing coach postgame.

FOX!!!

GMoney said...
Jan 29, 2008, 4:11:00 PM  

FYI, Howard Stern just read this post over the air, no credit though.

It was definitely from AA, cause he said, "The biggest thing to consider is that it has to be during the action, so I'm inclined to go with the under."

Good job, as always.

meech.one said...
Jan 30, 2008, 8:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment