On A Second Thought, I Think I Want A Citizen Watch

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here at AA I've taken pride in the ribbing that I've given Eli Manning over the past two years. He was dubbed unstoppable and that was basically his nickname in live-blogs, and posts. I hammered Citizen Eco for that campaign that consists of Elisha, an always injured Emeka Okafor, and some Tennis player named Nicole Viadasova.

Well it turns out that Eli's run with the Giants is actually working out for the Citzen people, and they want to thank him. Via Sports Business Daily....

Citizen runs an ad in the sports section of today's N.Y. Times congratulating Giants QB Eli Manning and his teammates for winning the NFC Championship. In the ad, Manning is wearing a Citizen Eco-Drive watch.
I haven't seen the ad yet, so if you have please share your thoughts as soon as you take a gander. Congrats Eli and to the good people of Citizen that may just now be tuning in. I thought this was a great idea from the beginning, and you can email me if you have any watches you would like me to test out and promote on the site.

5 Comments:

Did Wrangler run a similar ad?

I long for the day that Danica Patrick's sponsors will get to post a congratulatory ad, but sadly that day will probably never come.

J.J. said...
Jan 22, 2008, 1:50:00 PM  

Unstoppable in the face of Brett Favre sucking it up the second half and overtime.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 3:29:00 PM  

"Suck my country-fried dick, haters!!!"--Eli

GMoney said...
Jan 22, 2008, 5:40:00 PM  

Paula Creamer is in those Citizen ads, too.

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2008, 6:40:00 PM  

The ad ran as follows:

Congratulations fo Eli Manning, Conference Champion Quarterback, and to all his New York Giants teammates for an UNSTOPPABLE performance.

(Insert Big Picture of 'The Eli Manning Face')

UNSTOPPABLE. Eli Manning is. So is his Citizen Eco-Drive watch. Fueled by light, it never needs a battery. It's unstoppable, just like the people who wear it.

Luke said...
Jan 22, 2008, 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment