Ground Control To Major Thom?

Friday, January 04, 2008

This is just one of many mistakes in the pantheon of FOX's coverage of this Bowl Season. The Announcing team for the Orange Bowl (sans Alvarez) was great, but the production team needs to go back to the drawing board. We've already seen the band about a million times.....how about that transition from halftime to second half?



Oh no.....somebody in the Band is down! Not your Bread and Butter FOX!!! Look I understand the problem with coming up with a new announcing team every single night for three nights, but this was unspeakable. FOX waits an entire year to bring us the BCS Bowl Games and if you're not up in arms after the last two posts I feel sorry for you as a Sports Fan.

How do things like this happen when you have an entire year to plan? It makes zero sense to me. FOX saw how bad last year went and they made it worse(productionally speaking.....and yes I know that's not a word). Please fix whatever you have to before the BCS Championship Game or you're going to be hammered by the masses.

17 Comments:

Are you fucking serious? LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 5:43:00 AM  

I thought Bring your Child to Work Day was in September.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 9:13:00 AM  

They were just showing you who they already pre-selected to make it to the title game next year....Fla vs. USC vs. That guy who was hurt.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 9:15:00 AM  

What the...????

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:02:00 AM  

Tebow: Got to be the shoes.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:15:00 AM  

Couldn't have said it better myself AA, inexcusable.

joepadon said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:23:00 AM  

That was my favorite, favorite part of all the shoddy production during the game last night. That guy's foot...the person crumpled on the field...the guy's foot again...aaand to commercial. AWESOME! Well done, guys.

I can't believe I found a blog devoted to crappy announcing. You're sooo getting linked in my roll.

Faith said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:24:00 AM  

Best. Title. Ever.

J.J. said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:40:00 AM  

By 10:30 CST, I thought it was the wine kicking in. Thanks for pointing out that I was actually sober.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:48:00 AM  

I thought that that FedEx van was going to run me over.

GMoney said...
Jan 4, 2008, 10:57:00 AM  

Great title...is Thom Brenneman or McAnn*?

* - for those who dont know Thom McAnn was a shoe company.

Steve M said...
Jan 4, 2008, 11:04:00 AM  

I'm a Kansas alum, and I got pretty tired of seeing the band and then the guy holding a huge Mangino head on a stick.

It's the muthafuckin' mirrors, muthafucka.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Jan 4, 2008, 11:49:00 AM  

so...you like Kenny "Corky" Albert and Douche Johnston? You suck. They are the worst. FOX needs to just give up.

Jan 4, 2008, 11:54:00 AM  

I don't normally like them but they worked for College Football for some reason.

Great call on McAnn btw Steve.

Jan 4, 2008, 12:11:00 PM  

about 30 people together in the buffet line at halftime and didn't make it back in time.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 12:58:00 PM  

My "favorite" was when Oklahoma was going for it on 4th down in the first half and there was a wide shot and it slowly zoomed in on the first down marker onto the "#4" on the sign and we missed the start of the play. I think we all knew it was 4th down. Ponderous, man....ponderous.

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 3:13:00 PM  

the fox tv trucks lost power during the commercial prior to the sequence you've (over) dramitically explained to the "masses"

if you read something other than a blog site...you could have reported that....

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2008, 9:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment