Loud Mouth vs. Loud Mouth - Round One, T.O. Calls Out Keyshawn

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I have no idea where this came from because I saw what Keyshawn said and it didn't seem that bad at the time, but T.O. is calling the former 'Boys receiver out. During Sunday's open thread I noted that Keyshawn had actually made a good point about coaches and their successors. Here's a summary from that post which highlighted what Johnson said.....

Wow. Keyshawn makes a great point about previous coaches building their teams and the following coach taking them to Super Bowls in regards to Owens. He used himself in Tampa with Tony Dungy building the team but Gruden winning the Super Bowl, and the same analogy with Emmitt, Jimmy Johnson, and Switzer. This could actually be the case in Dallas this year. Good stuff.
Sound like it makes sense right? Well not to Owens.....
According to an article posted in the Dallas Morning News Owens stated “It's not a matter of me giving or not giving Bill credit. Everybody wants to make a big deal, that this is the team he built. It doesn't matter. ... My thing is give credit to Wade. The difference between Wade and Parcells is this: Parcells, he didn't use me as a playmaker; Wade, he got the staff, and that's what I'm being used as.”

After dismissing comments about Parcells importance in the club make-up Owens challenged the retired Johnson to “down here and take my job. ESPN producers, let him go.”

Owens went on to say “I'm probably the reason he's in the booth now.”
Well then. I should have video of Owens up soon, but this seems like much ado over nothing if you ask me. There should be good fodder this weekend as both Parcells and Keyshawn will have something to say about this on Countdown.

Terrell Owens Challenges Keyshawn Johnson Comments, Tells Him “Take My Job” (Trans World)

6 Comments:

If it gets Key off of ESPN then I'm all for it.

Dec 12, 2007, 6:18:00 PM  

T.O. made Keyshawn slow, achy, and bad?! I knew he was a good WR, but now that he's come out as the harbinger of doom, he'll have a much more imposing presence on the field.

Anonymous said...
Dec 12, 2007, 6:53:00 PM  

someone asked keyshawn why he called out TO when TO had been being so quiet (to his standards anyways). and i think thats the reason, espn baited him and he took it like a moron.

keyshawn is a joke though, nothing is funnier than the panthers drafting jarrett and keyshawn saying 'he reminds me of me', then getting cut

BackBergtt said...
Dec 12, 2007, 7:03:00 PM  

If T.O. hates ESPN, why was he on just about every ESPN show yesterday?

Anonymous said...
Dec 12, 2007, 7:57:00 PM  

At this point, it's obvious that Keyshawn and ESPN deliberately tried to create a T.O. controversy.

Mike said...
Dec 13, 2007, 2:53:00 PM  

Parcells is a grown man, he doesnt need Meshawn to defend him. Meshawn had it coming to him cause if he was in T.O. shoes, he would have reacted the same way or just went home and got paid like he did in Tampa.

Anonymous said...
Dec 13, 2007, 6:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment