Les Miles Goes On Mike & Mike And Refutes Nothing

Monday, December 03, 2007


Les Miles is either approaching Saban levels of shadiness or he's the smartest person alive. I guess he could be both really. Anyway, Miles was a caller on Mike & Mike this morning and when hit with the Michigan question he had this to say...

Les Miles (ESPN Radio Insider)

"My eldest daughter was born there, I uh...love the place there isn't any question. And uh, it appeared early on that selected by the media that I was the guy and uh I uh I have a great job, I love where I'm at, I...you know there was never a time when I in my career made my only destination back to Michigan....

....and I've had no communications with Michigan. None, and I uh the the I'm certain that you know it was played in the press and I"m sad about that. I'm the guy that wishes nothing is said about me in the paper ever."- Les Miles

"Just to make sure we're totally clear on what you're saying, you didn't talk to Michigan, your people didn't talk to Michigan to your knowledge and there's not way you're going to Michigan."- Mike Greenberg

"There's no uh, to my knowledge my people didn't talk to Michigan, Michigan didn't talk to me. There were was no communications."- Les Miles

"You can't be any clearer than that."- Mike Greenberg
Wow he talked non-stop for about the issue for about 6 minutes without even bringing up next year and there were a hell of a lot of ums and ahs in there. Hmm, this leaves a door open doesn't it? And while I do give Greenberg credit for asking the question, umm uhh yeah he can be clearer. He didn't entirely answer your question. He left out one pretty big part of the answer.

I guess we play the waiting game now, but just be forewarned Les. You're going to be pissing of a bunch of rowdy Cajuns if you flip flop on this thing. And I wouldn't want to see them if this is pulled on them twice.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:58 AM

10 Comments:

He already told Tracy Wolfson.

He said it in his post-game press conference.

He said it on the BCS telecast.

Maybe he's just tired of answering the question.

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2007, 12:34:00 PM  

I'm one of those rowdy Cajuns, and I still wouldn't be as pissed off as I was when Saban left.

We get that Michigan is where he wants to be.

Nick Saban left LSU on Christmas Day. And he didn't have the balls to do it until he got off the plane in Florida.

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2007, 12:41:00 PM  

miles seems like a gigantic douchebag, it would be a lot more fun to hate him at michigan than at lsu

BackBergtt said...
Dec 3, 2007, 12:43:00 PM  

Maybe if they ask him 100 more times he'll just flip out and kill someone.

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2007, 3:18:00 PM  

He almost passed out when Jeannie Zelasko asked him about next year on the FOX BCS show. You could see the damn hamster running for its life as he tried to form some semblance of an answer.

In everything Ive seen I've only seenhim say he willbe at LSU for sometime. Sometime could be five years or until January 8th.

I dont be grudge the guy an opportunity to go elsewere. Hell we all have the option at some point. Its too bad the schools can recruit coaches during bowl season I think it hurts teams. They shouldnt be able to take coaches from bowl teams until after the team has played its game but I understand it's a player recruitment issue.

Steve M said...
Dec 3, 2007, 3:30:00 PM  

This transcript looks like Miles was drunk.

GMoney said...
Dec 3, 2007, 4:05:00 PM  

As an Oklahoma State fan, I have followed Miles since the mid-90s. The constant Uh's are just that. Uh's.

With that said, the majority of people here think he is still going to Michigan. There are eerie similarities in the way he left OSU and what is going on right now.

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2007, 4:17:00 PM  

Pure speculation here (but what's the internets for) I wonder when his contract extension kicks in and IF there is still the "Michigan buyout clause" in the new deal.

Could Miles have just agreed to an extension that takes effect January 8th that will make it finacially easier for him to leave the new contract and take the Michigan job?

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2007, 6:32:00 PM  

the buyout cluase in the xtension for michigan is 1.25 million. the same as it was in the contract now.

Anonymous said...
Dec 4, 2007, 2:14:00 PM  

LSU is Number 1 National Champs again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Les Miles is King for a Day.

Anonymous said...
Jan 9, 2008, 6:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment