The NFL Network Has Its Dates A Little Mixed Up

Friday, November 30, 2007

When you have a huge game on your network, and you're battling cable companies in the news daily, it's probably a good idea to make sure your own commercials are good to go. I don't even know why I was paying attention when this ad came on, and I may be wrong here, but wasn't Thanksgiving last week?



Byant Gumbel aside you're probably better off just skipping the Thursday game alltogether. I can't stress how boring an awesome game seemed last night due to the coverage.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:37 PM

9 Comments:

So, I'm just wondering here:

Did anyone die last night because they didn't get to see the game?

Anonymous said...
Nov 30, 2007, 3:36:00 PM  

I DIDN'T DIE!!...I CONCIDER MYSELF A FOOTBALL FANATIC, HOWEVER, I WILL NOT PAY THE NFL TO WATCH THEIR GAMES, EVEN TWO 10-1 TEAMS FACING OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER!

Anonymous said...
Nov 30, 2007, 4:59:00 PM  

Why does'nt the NFL network use Harry Kalas for play by play, they already use him for commercials and sponsers

Anonymous said...
Nov 30, 2007, 5:40:00 PM  

riverfishdog, I'm guessing then that you don't have DirectTV or cable? Thus don't watch NFL Games on ESPN?

Unknown said...
Nov 30, 2007, 11:18:00 PM  

I didn't die ... because I have a dish.

Seriously, dump Gumbel and bring in a well-respected, highly trained voice who will bring you tons of credibility. He hasn't worked in a few years, but I think he'd still be fantastic.

Pat Summerall anyone?

MileHigh said...
Nov 30, 2007, 11:56:00 PM  

Dick Enberg does the Thursday night radio broadcasts. Game sounded exciting as I drove home last night, and then (yawn!) when I watched the second half on TV.

Anonymous said...
Dec 1, 2007, 12:28:00 AM  

This may seem strange but the only thing I like about the NFL Network's football coverage is the theme music. Those bells are cool.

Anonymous said...
Dec 1, 2007, 1:31:00 AM  

I think Bryant Gumbel's announcing was the worst I have ever heard during a NFL Game. I felt like I was watching a high school game. 86 Gumbel!

Anonymous said...
Dec 2, 2007, 12:37:00 PM  

The guy who announces our local high school games on the radio does a better job than Bryant Dumbell.

Anonymous said...
Dec 24, 2007, 7:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment