Tuesday Is A Special Day

Sunday, October 14, 2007

(posted by OMDQ)

I should probably leave this for AA to mention later in the week if he so chooses, but I'm going to go ahead and say something anyway: Tuesday is Tim McCarver's 67th birthday. He celebrated by NOT dying his hair a weird shade of orange for the first two games of the ALCS - an excellent move, in my humble opinion. The natural look is definitely the way to go.

Unfortunately, it didn't do a whole lot for his broadcasting. I can't for the life of me remember all of the crap he spewed during last night's Game 2 - I should've taken notes - but he had me talking to him, through the TV, at least twice following dumb utterances.

And if I have to hear about the Rafael Betancourt saga (did you know he has six screws in his right elbow?) one more time, I'm gonna lose my mind.

But never mind all that now - we're here to celebrate, not denigrate. So happy birthday to you, Tim McCarver.

Photo: Foxy Sports

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 6:20 PM

4 Comments:

I think there was a point where he fell asleep in the 9th Inning last night. It felt like Buck was talking to himself for like 5 min straight.

I think his best moment of the night was when he was talking about Manny's "pitch identification system"

Anonymous said...
Oct 14, 2007, 8:11:00 PM  

6? I thought it was 3. OMG i have forgotten it already.

Hopefully Tim reminds me again tomorrow.

Although as a Red Sox fan I'm hoping we don't see Betancourt.

Anonymous said...
Oct 14, 2007, 8:36:00 PM  

Wait....the Yankees AREN'T in the ALCS....fuck me!

Oct 14, 2007, 8:47:00 PM  

With his dementia as bad as it is, do people have to remind Tim throughout the day that it is his birthday?

Oct 15, 2007, 9:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment