Monday, October 29, 2007
First of all I want to call shenanigans on the fact that Pam wasn't on a game this past weekend. She would have surely taken over the number one spot. But alas, it's the continual barrage of Britney Spears comments that have pushed one Michael Patrick into the lead.
10. "They look like a contender for number one."- Brent Musburger on Ohio State
9. "You cut yourself shaving, you bleed for a week" - Gary Danielson (Via Smed)
8. "This is just a reminder, but there really isn't a yellow line on the field at the first down marker."- Dave Lamont (Via Dollar Dollar Bill)
7. "He's seeing double right now. Just like Maguire on Thursday night." - Brad Nessler (Via S2N)
6. "Tom Arnold from Ottumwa, Iowa -- his movie career turned about as successful as Robert Gallery's pro career." - Dave Pasch, after a segment proclaiming Arnold the Iowa Hawkeyes' biggest fan. ZING! (Via S2N)
5. "The only player in the Big East to win a Heisman Trophy? Trick question: Gino Torretta for Miami in 1992."- Brad Nessler
"But Miami wasn't in the Big East at the time."- Bob Griese
"Yes they were."- Brad Nessler (Via Anon, and Griese gets the points)
4. Corso: "I've got Boston College in at #5 because I had to get someone from the Big East in my Top 5."
Fowler: "You know they're in the ACC?"
Corso: "Someone from the East Coast. They should be in the Big East."
(Via Anon, points to Corso)
3. ....."and when you throw to him and he runs into the official and BOOM...(pause)...goes the dynamite."- Verne Lundquist (Via Dummy and Chaz)
2a. "Can you get it up every week. . . consistently?"- Craig James (Via Kyle)
2b. "Good to see Rob Stone's Curves workout pan out....he can lift up the milk can, that was nice."- Chris Spielman
1. "And South Carolina is going to take this to overtime. I'm going to have to think about what is happening in Britney Spears' live before we come back." - Mike Patrick
"I wonder if she's watching tonight." - Todd Blackledge
"I think she just bought a new double wide." - Mike Patrick
Here are the standings after eight weeks........
1. Mike Patrick (43)
2. Brad Nessler, Gary Danielson (40)
4. Chris Spielman (32)
5. Pam Ward (29)
6. Lee Corso (28)
7. Bob Griese (22)
8. Dave Pasch (20)
9. Pat Haden, Paul Maguire (19)
Others Receiving Votes: Andre Ware (16), Ray Bentley (16), Craig James (11.5), Tim Brandt (11), Brent Musburger (11), Dave Lapham (10), Gerry Dinardo (9), Dave Lamont (9), Lou Holtz (9), Verne Lundquist (9), Tom Hart (8), Bill Curry (8), Ed Cunningham (8), Mark Jones (7), Mellissa Knowles (7), Thom Brennaman (7), Sean McDonough (7), John Saunders (6), Quint Kessenich (6), Holly Rowe (5), Charles Arbuckle (5), Mike Tirico (4), Dan Fouts (4), Doug Flutie (3.5), Desmond Howard (3), Jim Donnan (3), Erin Andrews (3), Todd Blackledge (2), Jim Kelly (1)