OMDQ Hits The Mother-Load: An Interview With Erin Andrews

Sunday, October 28, 2007


I begged and begged OMDQ to let me break the news on this site first, but I gave him my word that I wouldn't say anything. Brian has pulled ofd one of the greatest moves by a Blogger ever. He scored and interview with the most searched individual on AA this past Friday over the phone while Erin Andrews was in Boston. Here are a few of my favorite quotes......

"To be honest with you, I think guys would like to see me in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and no makeup."

"I’m so excited because I get to wear a baseball hat the whole game and just throw my hair in a pony tail. To be honest with you, I would wear my hair in a pony tail and wear no makeup, but let’s think about it: when people go to their jobs, when they go to an office, they don’t wear jeans and a ratty T-shirt and no makeup"

"I’ve learned very quickly in this industry that you have to develop a very, very thick skin and if you don’t, you’re not gonna succeed. I remember one of the first times I ever saw something on the Internet that was written about me I ran out into my parents’ living room and I started to cry. Somebody had written about the size of my nose and that I needed a nose job."

"Every little thing I do, whether it’s eating a sandwich to you know, anything, it’s just all over, or who I’m talking to on the sidelines so that must mean I’m dating them, who I’m having a drink with at the bar, so that must mean I’m dating him, it’s turned into, it’s turned into almost like a mockery, so I’ve stayed away from it."

"To be honest with you, I don’t find myself to be a household name or a really big deal. I don’t. That’s why I think it’s funny when people call or ask to do interviews, because the way I look at myself is kind of a big nerd."
Many kudos to OMDQ for making the effort and having the cojones to ask for a few minutes from Ms. Andrews. It seems like our weekend editor here at AA has a knack for pulling these convos with some of the "best" Sideline Reporters out there (he interviewed NESN's Tina Cervasio last month).....if he hunts down Jill Arrington, I will lose my s**t.

For the rest of the 3,500 word interview head over to One More Dying Quail immediately.

Talking With Erin Andrews (One More Dying Quail)
Twenty Questions With Tina Cervasio (OMDQ)

3 Comments:

"I remember one of the first times I ever saw something on the Internet that was written about me I ran out into my parents’ living room and I started to cry. Somebody had written about the size of my nose and that I needed a nose job."

Sheesh, another bold step for feminism.

She deserves the Suzyn Waldman Medal for Excessive Bravery in the Face of Womanly Emotion.

You ever think Dickerson cried to his Mom when people were wondering if he knew how to speak English?

E Buzz said...
Oct 29, 2007, 9:35:00 AM  

Where the hell is Jill Arrington?

I've got a picture of me with her before the Georgia/Bama game a few years ago. Damn

Matt T said...
Oct 29, 2007, 7:57:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
Jan 28, 2008, 6:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment