Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Via reader Al Michaels (no not that Al Michaels...at least I don't think?) comes this clip of Keyshawn's interview of Chad Johnson this past weekend on Sunday Countdown. Feel free to watch and read along as Al points out a few important details....
1) ESPN never mentioned that Keyshawn and Chad were cousins.
2) Keyshawn brings up Chad wanting to get traded…how do you go from A to K, unless Keyshawn knows something that wasn’t revealed.
3) Chad said earlier in the week that the dancing would stop until the Bengals started winning again and Keyshawn asks him repeatedly about Chad being bigger than the team, which is no since Chad said he’s toning it down!
4) I like how Chad turned the tables on Keyshawn.
5) This clip doesn’t show the after-interview discussion, but Berman and the boys blow Keyshawn by everyone saying “Good interview”
6) Another thing the clip doesn’t show is when the “talent” is talking over each other, Keyshawn sticks out his hand to tell Emmitt to basically shut up while he was talking and you can just see Emmitt get pissed off.
7) After the interview, Keyshawn says he was all about winning; about being a team player. Ummm, what about your book ripping on Wayne Chrebet? What about getting kicked off a defending Super Bowl champion? Neither of these were, of course, brought up.
Fabulous work AM. That was the most uncomfortable interview I've ever watched and that's on multiple levels. I guess he was giving Chad the business because they're cousins, but that was just too much.
Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:19 AM