Chris Berman Seems A Little Down About Not Calling The Playoffs

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Boston Sports Blog caught up with Chris Berman before the Sawx game last night, and here's what he had to say to them about not calling the opening round Playoff Games anymore.


Say what you want about him as a broadcaster, but he does love Sports and especially Baseball. It's just good to know that some people at least care about what they do.

Also, Remy missed out on Orsillo's call of Monday's play-in......

“Honest to God, I was watching the Patriots. I forgot the game was on. I had not seen a Patriots game yet because we’ve been working, and I’ve heard so much about [Randy] Moss and I wanted to see it first-hand.

“I was going around the news, and they had just said it was tied in San Diego. By that time I was half-drunk and I wanted to go to bed.”

ESPN bitter, TBS whiffs (Boston.com)

(I think that's the first time I haven't bashed Chris Berman on this site [golf clap]. Thank You....Thank You.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:08 PM

10 Comments:

this is like saying, "hey Lindsay Lohan would love to do some coke right now but she's in therapy and shouldn't, but man she loved it when she could"

the great bambi said...
Oct 4, 2007, 2:15:00 PM  

Berman has about the same appeal to me as going to a Styx/REO Speedwagon concert.

Yeah, I might go if it's cheap enough or free. Yeah, I might remember the songs. Yeah, I might have sort-of a good time. But there's still something pathetic about watching 50+ year old guys who haven't done anything original since 1984 try to live off their past glories.

Anonymous said...
Oct 4, 2007, 2:37:00 PM  

I'll give him credit for not showing up wearing a Swami headdress.

Anonymous said...
Oct 4, 2007, 2:48:00 PM  

He also loves Huey Lewis.

GMoney said...
Oct 4, 2007, 3:22:00 PM  

He also loves chewy nosegoblins.

E Buzz said...
Oct 4, 2007, 4:58:00 PM  

You're not with me, makeup.

Mike said...
Oct 4, 2007, 10:50:00 PM  

Funny thing looking at this on dial up it says over the Berman video clip:
"The connection speed detected will cause a potentially unviewable experience".
It's like it knows it's Berman.

Steve M said...
Oct 4, 2007, 11:33:00 PM  

I think this is also the first time you've had a non-irritating clip of him.

It makes me wonder if I'd like him more if not for his schtick.

ben said...
Oct 6, 2007, 11:51:00 PM  

Is it just me or does it sound like Berman is crapping his pants as he comes to the end of a sentence while talking himself out of air? BY FAR the most annoying announcer.

Anonymous said...
Oct 17, 2007, 1:17:00 PM  

Chris Berman is cool. You guys are not.

Anonymous said...
Jan 19, 2008, 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment