Umm, NFL.COM??? I Think You Need To Fix This!

Friday, September 07, 2007

I want to echo Big Daddy Drew's sentiment from his brand spanking new Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo that Sunday is an awesome day. It's a day of sloth and excess.

With that said, nothing pleases me more than jumping around from game to game on NFL.com and watching the little helmets move up and down the field like the climber guy on The Price Is Right (the music plays in my head and everything). Well NFL.com wasn't exactly running smoothly last night. Here's the visual evidence.....


That was actually taken near the end of the game and as you can see up top (click for larger) it lists the score as 40-10. At one point during the first half it had the score as 1-0. I think I speak for everyone when I say please fix this before Sunday NFL.com......PLEASE!!!

(Thanks to 289 for bringing this to my attention in the first half)

Excellent....Suss from the Futon Report has the 1-0 Screen cap


NFL Adopts CFL Punt Scoring Rule For Colts-Saints Game (The Futon Report)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:37 AM

4 Comments:

AA, i was jumping around last night from NFL.com to Yahoo to CBS Sports in hopes of getting a decent gamecast and i was having no luck. (i almost sent you a screengrab of that 1-0 score because it was ridiculous to look at).

ESPN's FantasyCast was screwed up for much of the game, never giving me 3 points for Mare's 2nd quarter FG. At one point in the 2nd half they stopped doing the fantasy cast because they claimed there were issues with the NFL's data feed.

Yahoo's gamecast wasnt much better than the NFLs so i stuck with CBS Sports, which kept things updated very well, excpet that they credited the first TD of the game to Reggie Wayne and didnt correct it for about 5 minutes. (which had me confused since i was following your liveblog).

this is what happens when you're stuck at work instead of being home watching the game...

Bryan Allain said...
Sep 7, 2007, 11:22:00 AM  

CBS Sportsline had the same issue and they did not score Manning's first TD on my fantasy team...must have been an issue with the NFL feeding the stats out to their own site and other outlets.

Anonymous said...
Sep 7, 2007, 1:22:00 PM  

I have a fantasy team on Fox and one on Yahoo; and both of them were goofy last night. On my Fox team, I had 17.9 points on all aspects of the game, so did my opponent, yet I had 99 points and he had 77. Ooops! Now we both have 0. Did somebody forget to tell the sports sites that the season started?

Anonymous said...
Sep 7, 2007, 1:53:00 PM  

I have a friend who does game data input for the Colts stats' crew. They tried to correct the play on Harrison's TD during the XP, but that seemed to have fried the NFL computer system that feeds fantasy football. Oopsy!

Anonymous said...
Sep 7, 2007, 8:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment