Revamped TSG Page Is Now Separated Into Three Blogs

Wednesday, September 12, 2007


I saw this yesterday and it didn't seem like a big deal. There were new links and some YouTube videos....it was a pretty good step forward. Today though there are some cryptic comments on the right side of the page that caught my eye.....

For 364 days a year, I feel like I have one of the greatest jobs on the planet. For the 365th day, I feel like I'm wasting my life and doing something dumb. This is Day 365. I don't need to explain why. Like everyone else, I had to go to work, so I'm going to work. Life goes on. Even on a sad day like today.
A sad day like today? Is he referring to September 11th? Or the impending two lost draft picks of the Patriots? I'm confused. Well either way there's a bunch of new stuff on the site including the Basketball Blog, The Links/Recommendations Blog, and the sure to be popular......Boston Blog.
The Boston thing has always been tough because I'm supposed to be appealing to a national audience, so every time I write about a Boston team, I have to broaden my thoughts a little for everyone outside New England. Not anymore. If you don't give a crap about Boston, that's fine. I won't take it personally. Just don't click on the link.
You look good in orange William, and thanks for finally admitting you write a blog.

SG World (ESPN 2)
________________________________

TSG has also been tabbed to pick 7 NBA Games for ESPN Classic to air starting today and going through October. I remember him doing something similar to this last year and it coming off okay, but this year he's got a pretty great selection of games...

Sept. 12: Cleveland at Boston, Game 3, 1992- Larry Bird.....blah, blah, blah
Sept. 19: Seattle at Phoenix, Game 5, 1993- Barkley vs. Kemp
Sept. 26: Golden State at L.A. Lakers, Game 2, 1991- RUN TMC vs. Magic
Oct. 3: Chicago at New York, Game 3, 1996- MJ vs. The Bruising Knicks
Oct. 10: Chicago at Detroit, Game 3, 1991- I remember watching this game and thinking it was the turning point of the NBA. The Pistons just hammered the Bulls and MJ all game, and the Bulls wouldn't quit. Great game.
Oct. 17: Boston at Milwaukee, Game 4, 1986- Larry Bird.....blah, blah, blah
Oct. 24: Orlando at Chicago, Game 6, 1995- Down goes Chicago to Penny and Shaq

The games air every Wednesday and I'd mark down Sept 26th and Oct 10th as the two must watch games.

6 Comments:

He's stretched thinner than the gumband around Star Jones' stomach.

E Buzz said...
Sep 12, 2007, 11:15:00 AM  

People still find this cat relevant?

Jarrett said...
Sep 12, 2007, 11:48:00 AM  

Did I ever tell you about that time me and my buddy Gus...

Anonymous said...
Sep 12, 2007, 2:07:00 PM  

Simmons is turning into Hank from Californication--it's only a matter of time before he's boozing his troubles away and bedding the 16-year old stepdaughter of an ex-Sports Gal

J Rose said...
Sep 12, 2007, 2:41:00 PM  

Simmons is the best.

GMoney said...
Sep 12, 2007, 3:50:00 PM  

I like Simmons; I may be in the minority over at Construda. I know Skip Hooligan despises him. He totally blew up Simmons' new page with his own HTML version and some gay Brady jokes.

Anonymous said...
Sep 13, 2007, 9:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment