A Plea To ESPN......Please Get Rid Of Emmitt Smith

Monday, September 24, 2007

I don't know how else to say it. The guy just shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone and if you read this ESPN (which I know you do) please get rid of the guy. I know that you spend a ton of time prepping people before they go on-air. Well if that's the case....When he's asked which 0-2 team would be falling to 0-3 could he say the Chargers?

It's not like we're talking about 5 or 6 games here....we're talking about two. 2 games. The Chargers were 1 and 1 coming into this week. And Emmitt is also the early leader in the clubhouse for the dumbest quote of the year........

His biggest gaffe came during the Week 3 edition of Sunday NFL Countdown, while debating the question of whether Moss can be a leader in New England. At least twice Smith uttered this sentence: "You cannot change the stripes of a leopard."



I'm pretty sure ESPN just edited out the part when he talks about Leopards there at the end. ProFootballTalk.com says that one of the main reason he was "let go" from the NFL Network was because of being unprepared, and I think that's pretty obvious. The guy was a great Running Back, but he's just not cut out for this business. He doesn't know the name of anyone in the league, he mispronounces basic words, and he doesn't seem like he prepares for anything. Please get rid of him. I'll let you keep Keyshawn if you get rid of Emmitt.....just anybody but him. I would take 1,000 Tiki Barbers over him.

10-pack: Chargers get what they paid for (The Sporting News)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:50 AM

9 Comments:

As a Cowboy fan, it PAINS me to agree with you. I've only seen about 5 seconds of Emmitt, and that was enough to let me know he's in way over his head. Because he's Emmitt, I wonder if he had to audition. It's just painful.

Gangsta D said...
Sep 24, 2007, 12:34:00 PM  

But the man sure can dance!!!

GMoney said...
Sep 24, 2007, 3:47:00 PM  

I love Emmitt! Just not as a talking head. I thought he was bad on the NFL network too. Could believe ESPN picked him up. So I guess you could say that ESPN wasn't prepared.

Anonymous said...
Sep 24, 2007, 4:21:00 PM  

that should be couldn't believe...

I wasn't prepared.

Anonymous said...
Sep 24, 2007, 4:22:00 PM  

He has to go. So does Glenn Geffner.

Steve M said...
Sep 24, 2007, 11:03:00 PM  

John Kruk had a pretty ugly time of it when he first started out... now he is actually watchable on Baseball Tonight... not that I'm saying they should keep Emmitt... He's awful.

Unknown said...
Sep 29, 2007, 3:00:00 AM  

Let's not underrate Parcells' contributions either. and Key is no Mike Irvin. They've basically sedated that entire show. And WTF is up with that kid?

LD said...
Oct 14, 2007, 3:07:00 PM  

Did a search to see if anyone else that he was as bad as I thought. He just has no confidence up there and it shows everytime. I'm to the point now that I watch it just for the entertainment value.

Anonymous said...
Nov 18, 2007, 12:56:00 PM  

Obviously, Emmitt = Great Player. Emmitt is not a good announcer, period. Who hired him anyway? That person should be fired too.

I just wrote an email to ESPN to request they replace Emmitt Smith ASAP. Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

Anonymous said...
Nov 25, 2007, 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment