Monday Night Football Live-Blog: Arizona vs. San Fran 3rd Quarter

Tuesday, September 11, 2007


I don't even have words to describe that first half. I just want to thank Mike Golic for actually caring about this and at least trying. I can't understand a word Ditka is saying and Greenberg is just a joke. Hopefully they can at least salvage this thing.......onto the 2nd half.



So it's half time. ESPN will surely be covering what happened in the first half, maybe talking about what adjustments will be made in the second half...oh no wait...a preview of the WOMEN'S WORLD CUP!!! AWESOME!!! Go kill yourself ESPN.- Panthers In The Pros

I am so glad I missed that. I will let PITP's rage speak for what my reaction would have been.

Midnight: The witching hour is upon us. What do you have planned for us in the 2nd half Mikes?

A couple of bad penalties from AZ and they're heading backwards. A screen and Shipp is nailed by Manny Lawson.

Walt Harris is a good Football player, but he was a good player in Chicago."- Ditka

WALT HARRIS HASN'T PLAYED FOR THE BEARS SINCE 2001!!!!!!! Good lord you homer! He's played for two other teams since then.

"These guys don't deserve to call anything else "ugly.""- Anon

Amen. I mean it's not like they're rookies...they had a whole Arena League season to practice with.

12:10- Leniart sacked and he's getting zero time at this point. Wow Greenie correctly identified a zone coverage......someone alert the presses. Oh yeah, we're the only idiots watching this nonsense. Oh well, we're having fun right? Right?!?!

San Fran gets the ball back at midfield.

"This announcing is the best ESPN can come up with?! Why don't they just dial it in next time? Oh wait, they are dialing it in. If I wanted to listen to radio announcing, I would turn on the radio. Zzzzzzz, what a snoozefest. God, this is painful! I'll take Bryant Gumbal any day over these bores--and I hate Gumbal. Between Keith Olberman and the Peyton Manning lovefest on NBC; Games viewable only via a subscription package and Bryant Gumbal's horrible announcing on the NFL Network; ESPN stank announcers and Monday Night football starting too early at 7pm; Are the Networks trying to single-handedly kill the sport for us? What is happening to our beloved football?!!!"- Niki

Whoa Niki....friend.....back from the ledge okay. You have friends here and you can vent. Deep breaths.....deeeeeep breaths.

12:16- Smith throws the ball away, and a roughing the passer penalty is called. Golic is not happy. And he's completely wrong.

"Darnell you can't do that son."- Golic

He can't hear you Golic. Well I guess you're talking to him the same way I'm yelling at Greenberg through the TV Screen. Nevermind.....I'll let it slide.

Timeout Niners

"Am I the only one who's noticed they've barely called Vernon Davis' name tonight?"- Mike Greenberg
"One catch two yards."- Mike Ditka

Do you know how he knows that Greenberg? HE JUST SAID IT 15 MINUTES AGO!!!!!! He and Golic talked about it for a good 30 seconds you self indulged......I give up......

"We need to give Greeny a break, I am sure he is drooling over Mike Nolan in his power broker suit. Greeny loves a sharp dressed man!"- Anon

Fair enough....fair enough.

Hey a score! Field Goal by Nedney.....

13-10 49ers

12:24- I'm also changing my ROY vote to Willis....thanks for the highlights Golic. Levi Brown with a false start and Arizona is looking dreadful in this second half which has apparently just started because there's somehow 9 minutes left.

"That was mild pressure. That was a lot of pressure" - Ditka, Via Panthers in the Pros

Haha....great catch. I missed that one.

12:30- God that Everett hit is hard to watch....can we just stop showing that one angle please? Nice pace from Smith to Battle for a first down (Greenberg freaks out).

Alex Smith got smacked on that one, and almost throws a pick. Greenie makes his first comment of the game bringing up the "Coffin Corner" punt. Thank god.....it only took you two and a half hours Greenberg.

Golie, when I think of "sure-handed receivers," I don't think Arnaz Battle. And you can back it up with all the statistics you want. I'll take Marvin, thank you.- Anon

12:37- What in the hell did Bonnie Bernstein just try to say?

"Carl lu call shralling the.....49ers by three Mike."- BB

Mike Greenberg definitely went to the "Joe Buck Center For Announcers Who Want To Sound Like Condescending Dicks The Whole Game" School of Announcing.

Matt Leinart gets popped by Willis and finally there's some energy in this game!

Leinart responds with a great pass for a first down "Let me pop up Mr. Grimdeer???" Is that what Ditka just said??? I think I'm drunk on nonsense.

"Everything sucks! You guys are awesome!"- Anon

I missed you Anon.....I thought you would have stopped by earlier when I was praising Mike Golic or Jaws, but no....you of course miss all of that. Good to have you though. Would you like to say why this doesn't suck?

12:43- Vernon Davis gets his second catch of the game immediately followed by a drop. This game refuses to get into any sort of rhythm.

Another punt.

End of the 3rd and we've got a 13-10 barn burner. Who's Coming With Me To A New Thread? Let's close this thing out!

43 Comments:

They're doing a Women's World Cup preview.

I hate ESPN so damn much.

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2007, 11:55:00 PM  

Why am I seeing a panda at halftime of a football game.

I also hate ESPN so damn much.

Jerome Cusson said...
Sep 10, 2007, 11:55:00 PM  

Sexual Harassment Panda might have been okay.

Anonymous said...
Sep 10, 2007, 11:59:00 PM  

Ditka's making as much sense as Boomhauer. I'm half tempted to put on closed captioning to figure out what the hell he's saying.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:03:00 AM  

These guys don't deserve to call anything else "ugly."

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:04:00 AM  

I gotta say, I do appreciate the fact that they're not trying too much to sugarcoat the awfulness of this game.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:05:00 AM  

I swear Greeny sounds like he swallowed a dictionary and is throwing it up in our laps in a mess of adverbs,adjectives, superlatives, hyperbole and prepositions and Ditka is cut off from the Stroh's!!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:07:00 AM  

This announcing is the best ESPN can come up with?! Why don't they just dial it in next time? Oh wait, they are dialing it in. If I wanted to listen to radio announcing, I would turn on the radio. Zzzzzzz, what a snoozefest. God, this is painful! I'll take Bryant Gumbal any day over these bores--and I hate Gumbal.

Between Keith Olberman and the Peyton Manning lovefest on NBC;

Games viewable only via a subscription package and Bryant Gumbal's horrible announcing on the NFL Network;

ESPN stank announcers and Monday Night football starting too early at 7pm;

Are the Networks trying to single-handedly kill the sport for us? What is happening to our beloved football?!!!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:08:00 AM  

We need to give Greeny a break, I am sure he is drooling over Mike Nolan in his power broker suit. Greeny loves a sharp dressed man!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:11:00 AM  

The Cardinals suck shit...has any team ever finished with more penalty yards than offensive yards?

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:12:00 AM  

Golic: oh wow, man, jeez
Ditka: Walt Harris was GREAT with the bears!!!
Greeny:I have no testicles....
Golic:oh wow, man, jeez

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:13:00 AM  

i wish they would just show the nike commercial with merriman and jackson all night instead

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:15:00 AM  

I guess we can pencil in Seattle to win the NFC West

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:16:00 AM  

I think I'd rather watch the Travelodge dancing bear for the next 90 minutes than watch the rest of this game.

And yet, I still watch.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:20:00 AM  

I do believe Greeny got a kick out of mentioning Steve Breaston considering that is the first time the word "breast" has been uttered from his soft woman-like lips

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:21:00 AM  

"Head coaching is not about X's and O's"

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:21:00 AM  

Patrick Willis has played 35 minutes of NFL football, and we have our first Dick Butkus comparison. I know they were just feeding Ditka a line, but still...

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:22:00 AM  

Lionheart looks like Mark Brunell at the end of his career.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:23:00 AM  

"That was mild pressure. That was a lot of pressure" - Ditka

What?!?!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:23:00 AM  

"Whoa Niki....friend.....back from the ledge okay. You have friends here and you can vent. Deep breaths.....deeeeeep breaths."

LOL!!! (Breathing deeply) :-)

But when football is the only sport you watch; and you wait all year for it to start; and then you turn on the TV with your soda and popcorn for the Big Night, only to end up watching a show in which the commercials are more interesting, surely you can understand my rage. I've had it with the Network manipulations.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:25:00 AM  

that was ALOT of pressure they brought one...two...three...four guys!!!!!!....um try EIGHT!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:25:00 AM  

I run a website focused on Pitt alumni in the professional ranks, and I can honestly say Ditka is embarassing right now.

amamamama said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:26:00 AM  

oh man, Ditka totally called that run. He is so awesome

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:27:00 AM  

Golie, when I think of "sure-handed receivers," I don't think Arnaz Battle. And you can back it up with all the statistics you want. I'll take Marvin, thank you.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:29:00 AM  

I'll give the devil his due.

"Whatever happened to the coffin corner on punts?" - Greeny

I swear, I find myself saying the same thing every game.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:30:00 AM  

Actually, I think the same thing. I was about to post that.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:32:00 AM  

This game is so bad even Bonnie Bernstein looks a little worn and tired. She is so much hotter in a mini skirt covering SEC football.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:33:00 AM  

"One man's falling is another man's bowling" - Greeny
"That's a good point" - Golic

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:33:00 AM  

Finally, both quarterbacks are back on pace to pass up Vince Young's 78 passing yards yesterday.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:35:00 AM  

It's official: Patrick Willis is Lofa Tatupu 2007.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:37:00 AM  

everything sucks! you guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:37:00 AM  

Oh my Golic and Ditka are moaning, groaning and babbling like two drunk old men

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:38:00 AM  

"moaning, groaning and babbling like two drunk old men"

No hat would be all the commenters here

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:39:00 AM  

The Cardinals have Bouldin, Fitzgerald, Johnson, James...and on 3rd and 10 they are throwing downfield to...Sean Morey.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:39:00 AM  

The 3rd quarter has taken 45 effing minutes and counting...

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:41:00 AM  

No, anon. The reason "everything sucks" is because ESPN has a stable of credible announcers who could have done this game. And ESPN dumps the idea in favor of MORE SYNERGY.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:41:00 AM  

who might those announcers be

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:42:00 AM  

note to Ditka....reliving putting William Perry in the backfield 22 years ago in the superbowl is not going to bring back your sanity

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:42:00 AM  

"If you're a football fan under 30 you may have thought there's always been a west coast offense" -Greenie

Yes. I'm 27, and until you uttered that sentence I thought that the west coast offense was a direct result of the Big Bang. Or creation, depending on your beliefs.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:43:00 AM  

note to anon....the producers decide to run the video...not Ditka

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:43:00 AM  

The announcers were Nessler and Vermeil (last year). Everybody was happy with those guys. But they don't have a radio show to sell, so they lost their job. We've already discussed this.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:44:00 AM  

Joining the party late. Anybody else find themselves biting back a comment on Greenie's 'the bruises will remind them in the morning' (paraphrase) at the close of the 3rd there?

No? Just me? Okay.

Underbruin said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:46:00 AM  

"Everybody was happy with those guys." Um, no.

Anonymous said...
Sep 11, 2007, 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment