Live-Blog Tonight: Redskins at Eagles

Monday, September 17, 2007


I'm live-blogging the game tonight, and I'm going to try (unlike Scott Van Pelt) to put my fandom aside for the night and give you the game as honestly and unapologetic as I can (I will probably fail at the fandom thing though). We're starting around 8pm tonight and I hope you can stop by. The ESPN promo for the game is below, and I have to say that it's pretty damn funny. And for those of you thinking about watching the game, and stopping by AA, there's good news......We have a guest in the booth this fine evening......

Mr. Charles Wade Barkley will be in with the crew during the 3rd Quarter!

Are YOU ready for some football?!?!


Hit Here For The 1st Quarter

Wow....everybody in the country is picking the Eagles tonight except Tom Jackson. I love you Tom but you're on an island there friend.

8:30- Hank kicks off yet another Monday Nighter and I hope my rowdy friends are with me tonight. Quick question....how many lead guitarists do they have in that band?

"You Can't Always Get What Avant. God, you suck Berman. Oops, I meant "Boomer.""- Anon

Good lord he needs to be put out to pasture. Do you think that was the only Eagles receiver that he could put a nickname to? I do.

"Donvan McNabb must play well for this Eagle team to win."- Jaws, Groundbreaking analysis Jaws, and you broke out the Rocky impersonation early....kudos to you.

"Jason Taylor grew up in Taylorsville, Mississippi....Jason Campbell rather."- Michele Tafoya

Nice Michele! Off to a great start!!! Show her how it's done Suzy. Wow Reno Mahe was a busboy....great story. Someone call Disney, Philly's got their new Invincible.

13 Comments:

Mr. Charles Wade Barkley will be in the crew during the 3rd Quarter!

I hate guests in the booth, but I have to be glass-half-full. They could have brought in BRAND SPANKIN' NEW, ESPN'S NUMBER-ON ON-AIR RADIO PERSONALITY, THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE INCOMPRABLE, MR. STEPHEN A. SMITH, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

You know, because he has a Philly connection and all.

Anonymous said...
Sep 17, 2007, 4:39:00 PM  

I wouldn't be surprised if they do Anon.

Sep 17, 2007, 4:43:00 PM  

You remember the Naked Gun, when they had about 20 different announcers in the booth doing the Dodgers game?

What were they parodying, this kind of stuff? Kinda funny when you think about it.

Youtube Naked Gun

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 5:02:00 PM  

Screamin A and Chuck would be perfect then Tony couldn't get a word in.

Anonymous said...
Sep 17, 2007, 5:19:00 PM  

I can't wait to partake in the incredible historical breadth and epth of tony Kornheiser's soliloquy on the importance of rivalries in the NFL, and in life in general.

He really puts it together succinctly.

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 5:21:00 PM  

GO REDSKINS!!!

GMoney said...
Sep 17, 2007, 5:29:00 PM  

AA, I propose a new pool. Who is the first player from Michigan that Mike Tirico points out, and when does he do it?

My vote is Jason Avant, 10 minutes into the game.

Anonymous said...
Sep 17, 2007, 7:39:00 PM  

It's started already.

Emmitt: "Belecheek"

Bill Belecheek

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 7:40:00 PM  

At least it's not "Bill-a-check"

Anonymous said...
Sep 17, 2007, 7:43:00 PM  

I like combining Billick and Belechick.

Billichik.

to his credit, Stu said "Bele who?" and as he only can, Emmitt energetically said "BeleCHEEK!"

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 7:45:00 PM  

Parcells sounds like an old woman, an ugly old woman.

Sonny boy.

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 7:46:00 PM  

Another pro football player influenced by stupid comic books.

Shocking.

What would be shocking: a pro football player influenced by Decartes.

E Buzz said...
Sep 17, 2007, 8:10:00 PM  

does anyone know why the QB's now have that little green sticker on their helmets?

Anonymous said...
Sep 17, 2007, 8:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment