Jenn Sterger vs. SbB- Round 1

Friday, September 21, 2007

Ding! Last week Sports by Brooks reported that Cowgirl Jenn Sterger was fired from Sports Illustrated. Well Stergs is firing back on her blog with the fury that only a Seminole could come up with (I kid, I kid) with a post of over 2,ooo words titled " The Power of the Internet: On Truth and Rumors"....

Earlier this week, I was awakened to find the first of many emails that would read: “Is this true?... I’m sorry girl.” Unaware of what they were referring to, I opened the link. There in bold print was the title: “JENN STERGER FIRED FROM SI.” The commentary that followed was probably some of the most inaccurate and albeit brutal statements that I have read about myself on the web to date.

I won’t give this site anymore free pub than it has already received, nor will I resort to their level of bashing they chose to wield upon me. I will, however, state the facts from the fiction.
First off, I'm pretty sure Brooks doesn't really need the "free press", but I can understand if she wants to take the high road. The high road of what I'm unsure. So let's clear this whole thing up.....
As of right now, I weigh about 110 pounds. If that is what anyone considers obese, then damn, society’s standards are steep. I have never attended rehab, nor do I have the habits to be forced to do so.
Whoops wrong quote......
As it stands now, my contract is still in effect with Sports Illustrated. It was a one year deal to provide them with content (in the form of both articles and video) for the SI.com division. The fact is I have not received the Donald Trump Treatment. Currently, I do not have any future assignments slated with them.
Okay I'm going to try and piece this together....come with me won't you......

1) She started her work at SI.com last April, and hasn't had a column since the beginning of July.
2) The majority of the videos she did was for the SI.com section SI on Campus.
3) College Football started in September.
4) She became famous when Brent Musburger commented on her as she was in the crowd for an FSU College Football game.
5) She hasn't had a new column since July.
6) College Football started in September.

"Because as we say in the Locker Room…“Those that mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind” –Dr. Seuss."

What's up now Brooks!? Ever been in a locker room before? No??? 1-0 Sterger!!!

In all seriousness, it's a pretty well written piece if you can get through the whole thing and the reality television talk. We await your next move Sir Brooks! This is gonna be fun.

JENN STERGER DIDN'T GET FIRED (With Leather)
The Power of the Internet: On Truth and Rumors (Officially Jenn)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:53 PM

9 Comments:

There's only one way for this to end.
JELLO WRESTLING!

twoeightnine said...
Sep 21, 2007, 1:56:00 PM  

It ends with a photo shoot.

Signal to Noise said...
Sep 21, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

All I see is the picture of two milk jugs. Was there an article with it?

Anonymous said...
Sep 21, 2007, 3:01:00 PM  

Ummm, this is the worst thing she's ever read about herself? Being fired? Apparently she's never been over to With Leather and read the comments.

GMoney said...
Sep 21, 2007, 3:20:00 PM  

IHATECARROTS!

Anonymous said...
Sep 21, 2007, 3:41:00 PM  

"ome of the most inaccurate and albeit brutal statements that I have read about myself"

I don't mean to go all grammarian on her, but I don't think 'albeit' means what she thinks it means.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Sep 21, 2007, 3:57:00 PM  

She still has fake boobies, right? That's all anyone cares about.

Sep 21, 2007, 4:31:00 PM  

Hilarious, if only she were as important and moral as she thinks she is.

me said...
Sep 30, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

Well, we know the truth.

http://njfrogman.blogspot.com/2008/09/jennifer-sterger-bob-mantz-complete.html

BobsBlitz.com said...
Sep 9, 2008, 8:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment