Digger Phelps, Commander In Chief?

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Great find by the guys at Lion In Oil this morning. Digger Phelps just penned a book about his year as a coach called "Undertaker's Son: Life Lessons From A Coach". Now I have nothing against DP, I think he loves the game of Basketball and I'm sure he portrays that in the hardback. There is one thing non Basketball item though that strikes LIO and myself as odd....

Head basketball coach of Notre Dame at age 29, a position he held for more than two decades with a 100 percent graduation rate, an attention-getting figure in President George H. W. Bush’s anti-drug program, part-time ambassador, a nationally adored ESPN commentator, and a possible Presidential candidate, Richard “Digger” Phelps has done it all.
Presidential Candidate?!?!?!?! How random is that? And what exactly is "an attention-getting figure"? I have thousands of questions that I don't think will ever get answered, but I think I might vote of this combo...

DIGGER-GOTLIEB '08


Digger Phelps...For President? (Lion In Oil)
This Weeks Sign Of The Apocalypse (The New Republic)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:50 AM

6 Comments:

Rece Davis would be a much better VP. I would vote for Digger.

GMoney said...
Sep 13, 2007, 10:44:00 AM  

I've vote for a Jaworski/Hershiser ticket

Anonymous said...
Sep 13, 2007, 11:07:00 AM  

What does "possible Presidential candidate" even mean? He has the capacity to be a Presidential candidate?

So once I turn 35, since I am an American-born citizen, I guess that "possible Presidential candidate" is going on my resume.

Anonymous said...
Sep 13, 2007, 11:30:00 AM  

"Attention-Getting Figure"

Don't flatter yourself, Digger. ESPN is that way with all former Notre Dame coaches. For some reason.

Anonymous said...
Sep 13, 2007, 12:10:00 PM  

"Vote for Tigger"???

And hey, Billy Bob...that fat fuck Engleberg is whispering behind your back again.

Anonymous said...
Sep 13, 2007, 3:53:00 PM  

N-word Phelps can barely leave his house without color coordinating his god awful shirts and his dildo sized sharpie. Heaven forbid he's woken up during a bombing and has to slum it in PJs that don't match his pen.

Sep 14, 2007, 2:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment