AA Introduces: The AA NFL Pick Em' Challenge For A Free IPhone

Tuesday, September 04, 2007


FYI- This post is going to stay at the top for the next day or so. All the rest of the AA goodness will still take place underneath (still read this one if you haven't yet).

Yep, you read that right. The company that runs the search engine that you folks use on the right everyday sent me a brand new IPhone to do with what I please. Well I'm passing their love onto you! I've set up an NFL Pick Em' League over at ESPN and the winner of the league at the end of the year gets a free IPhone thanks to the fine folks over at Lijit (everyone say thanks to Tara in the comments).

So instead of the huge Survivor Pool I was trying to come up with (Don't worry there will still be prizes for that. Who knew every site only allows you 50 participants?) we're trying this out. The league is based on spreads, so if you don't know how to pick based on that criteria feel free to shoot me (or your degenerate uncle) an email. I will be giving out AA Ozarks T-Shirts to finishers 2-5, and while that doesn't compare to the cost of an IPhone...it is getting better reviews.

Sign up quick because the season starts in two days!

Using the power of people, their content, and their connections, Lijit enhances the way your readers search for and discover information on the internet. You serve as a filter for all of the results your readers could possibly receive, ensuring they only receive the most relevant results from the source they trust…YOU. Just like it works in real life.- Ligit
The link below has worked for a few people, but not everyone, and I think it's because you have to be registered first. Another way to get to the AA Pick Em' page is to go to ESPN Fantasy Pick'Em and click join a group. You can then search "Awful Announcing" and find it that way.

Awful Announcing NFL Pick Em' League (ESPN Fantasy)
Lijit Search (Lijit.com)

The link has worked for a few people, but not everyone, and I think it's because you have to be registered first. Another way to get to the AA Pick Em' page is to go to ESPN Fantasy Pick'Em and click join a group. You can then search "Awful Announcing" and find it that way.

P.S.- This post is going to stay at the top for the next day or so. All the rest of the AA goodness will still take place underneath.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:50 PM

10 Comments:

It's on. It's on like Donkey Kong

much thanks to Tara and everybody at Lijit for the prize

Anonymous said...
Sep 4, 2007, 12:23:00 PM  

If only I knew how to hack iPhones like that kid. I would be all in for this contest.

Jarrett said...
Sep 4, 2007, 12:35:00 PM  

I for one think that I should get an extra point for every Ozarks shirt sold. That would be... fuck... forget about it.

twoeightnine said...
Sep 4, 2007, 1:15:00 PM  

Is the link not working?

Bstone said...
Sep 4, 2007, 1:31:00 PM  

Can you masturbate with said iPhone?

GMoney said...
Sep 4, 2007, 3:47:00 PM  

Why do you have to be 21 to play? That pisses me off.

Sep 4, 2007, 4:36:00 PM  
Scrappled said...
Sep 4, 2007, 9:51:00 PM  

Just send it to me now, AA, everyone else is just wasting time.

GMoney said...
Sep 5, 2007, 10:59:00 AM  

Are the picks being done with a spread or without a spread?

It's giving me an option to choose.

Just want it to be fair for everyone.

Ian said...
Sep 5, 2007, 11:11:00 AM  

nevermind that. Maybe I should read the whole article and not get excited by the I-Phone.

thanks tara

Ian said...
Sep 5, 2007, 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment