Tuesday, August 28, 2007
It's a valid question isn't it? Why in the world would ESPN add Shrutebag to a three-man team to make it an unheard of four-man broadcast? It's such a dumb move that it's beyond my comprehension. Here are a few reasons that I could come up with. Help me in figuring this out by adding one in the comments....
1. Colin's radio show is getting terrible ratings. They put him on one of the first College games of the year to hype his show. This seems the most plausible, especially since the press release read like this, "ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd of The Herd with Colin Cowherd will provide commentary from the booth of ESPN’s Washington at Syracuse telecast Friday, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m." (FYI- I know nothing about his ratings, so that may or may not be the case)
2. DNS Server attacks cost money in lawyer fees. He has to make a few extra bucks.
3. ESPN couldn't think up a worse punishment for Sean McDonough, Rob Stone, and Chris Spielman.
4. He was jealous that Bill Simmons got to call a game.
5. He has some free time on his hands.
6. He needs some more information for that game show thingy he was doing. Oh wait....that was canceled. Nevermind.
7. He's jealous of Olbermann's new role on NBC.
8. He needs a new forum to show off his magic skills.
9. They put him in Syracuse to get him as far away from Cincinnati as they can.
10. He needs to pass the time until the next Radio ESPY Awards Ceremony.
Sorry I might have taken them all....if you have one to add feel free to add it in the comments. And Shrutey......I'll (We'll) be watching. Don't F up.
8 p.m.- ESPN /ESPN Mobile TV- Washington at Syracuse
Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, Colin Cowherd and Rob Stone