A Thought Provoking Essay On Why The Boston Red Sox Are No Longer In First Place

Saturday, August 18, 2007

(posted by OMDQ)

What's that? They're still in first place? And they have the best record in baseball? Well shiver me timbers, that's fantastic. But somebody better tell Willy here.

If I could pick one deranged Boston fan to be friends with, it might well be freekinwilly. Right or wrong, satire or no (and the more I watch, the more I hope it's satire), the man has a message, and he's doing his level best to spread it to anyone who will listen.



See everyone? The Red Sox lead in the division didn't narrow because the Yankees played absolutely lights out for two months straight. It narrowed because the Sox can't win a game. Hard hitting analysis is what you want, hard hitting analysis is what Willy gives you.

I'm not a violent man, but I do believe I would kill to see Willy and Kige Ramsey in a one-on-one debate/death match.

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 3:41 AM

4 Comments:

You can tell he's a scholar by the way he rubs his chin.

Ray said...
Aug 18, 2007, 1:37:00 PM  

That was actually quicker and to the point than either Bob Ryan or Dan Shaugnessy, sadly.

Signal to Noise said...
Aug 18, 2007, 3:36:00 PM  

yep, my sentiments exactly...

Anonymous said...
Aug 19, 2007, 12:03:00 AM  

Isn't it both? Win all the games you want, you'll never catch up if your opposition wins just as much.

Morgan Wick said...
Aug 19, 2007, 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment