It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Football

Saturday, August 11, 2007

(posted by OMDQ)

Preseason NFL football started this week, which of course means that college football is just around the corner as well. I'm not what you would call a diehard, hardcore fan of either game, but I do enjoy my live-blogs, and there is no better sport to put on the television for background noise while writing a post or two.

To start getting in the mood, here's one of the most moving depictions of a football play in movie history. So it's not exactly accurate and it stars a hobbit - who cares? If you don't at least think about tearing up, you obviously lack a soul:

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 2:53 AM

2 Comments:

1. Rudy is a flaming homosexual. Shortly after that play, he was found in a Liberace / Charles Nelson Reilly sandwich.

2. I'm going to laugh my old, dusty balls off when Penn State goes all "let's play global thermonuclear war" on Notre Dame in four weeks.

3. Fuck Rudy. Fuck Notre Dame. That is all.

4. Seriously, fuck Notre Dame.

Scrappled said...
Aug 12, 2007, 12:55:00 AM  

run up the score speaks the truth. I hate Notre Dame football so very, very much.

I loved Rudy as a kid, and I like Sean Astin (c'mon, LOTR and Encino Man?). But the Rudy story lost some of its luster for me when I discovered Rudy's actual job the past decade is to go around the country giving motivational speeches.

Kyle said...
Aug 12, 2007, 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment