Your Obligatory NBA Finals Ratings Post

Monday, June 11, 2007



Like I said...a poor performance by Lebron in Game 1 would just destroy the ratings for these Finals. But I didn't think it would be this bad....

ABC earned a 6.9/12 overnight Nielsen rating for Cavaliers-Spurs Game Two last night, down 24.2% from a 9.1/15 for Heat-Mavericks Game Two last year. (SBD)
Ouch. That's painful. And while we're on the subject....I'm an NBA fan. I love the NBA, but I don't buy this b.s. that NBA apologists are saying about the Spurs. Even if they are one of the most efficient teams ever....they are just flat out boring to watch. I'm sorry. Their fans are boring, their mascot is boring, their stadium is boring (seriously....a mariachi band???), and their PA Announcer is more boring than all of them combined.

I'm not kidding when I say this....The "Are You Ready For This?!?!" Song was on the first Jock Jams in 1995!!! Please update your playlist, and definitely don't use it for your player intros! I'm with Mark Jackson one thing.....everything about San Antonio is boring. Well everything, but this video....

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:41 PM

10 Comments:

help me out here...how do these ratings compare to the NHL Finals? Are they close? Or are they bad, but not THAT bad?

point 23 said...
Jun 11, 2007, 5:10:00 PM  

"Are you ready for this?" There's a great scene in Bring It On that demonstrates the idiocy of this song...

Spirit Fingers!!

Anonymous said...
Jun 11, 2007, 5:25:00 PM  

P23- Bad, but nearly as bad.

J- Funny you should say that...I may have linked that earlier today...

Jun 11, 2007, 6:43:00 PM  

The PA announcer for the Lakers is super boring.

TJX said...
Jun 11, 2007, 8:56:00 PM  

I told a friend this, put the Pistons and Spurs in their own league and let them play each other for 80plus games. Then they will know what we go through watching them.

Anonymous said...
Jun 13, 2007, 8:15:00 PM  

I'm glad the ratings stink! I've been watching the NBA Filnals since '71 and from what I have seen this post season is nothing short of bs refereeing. Nobody wants to watch poor refereeing and the spur's style of bball. Its boring and they are a dirty team! Finally, I can get some things done!

Peace Out
Chill

Anonymous said...
Jun 13, 2007, 8:36:00 PM  

The Spurs must not get it. They're busy winning basketball championships instead of trying to figure out how to entertain the viewing public.

Their owner doesn't get it either, he spends below the cap, consistently packs the house and makes beaucoup profit to go along all those championship banners.

They should be punished for not entertaining the same public that gobbles up American Idol.

Next year, you'll be able to vote for who you want to win the championship by sending a text message to fusas.

Once that fails, the Spurs will come back and win another BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP as they do in every other odd year.

Anonymous said...
Jun 14, 2007, 10:33:00 AM  

As a Suns fan, these ratings could not make me happier. Keep up the good work Spurs, i hope you sweep them in 4 and win a tainted championship.

Anonymous said...
Jun 14, 2007, 9:09:00 PM  

The Spurs consistently pack the house? They didn't even sell-out the first two games of the Utah series.

Anonymous said...
Jun 14, 2007, 10:02:00 PM  

I have decided to put the NBA in with the WWF. Whether it is my fan bias or not, I'm done watching professional basketball with all the crappy officiating. I've seen better calls at the local YMCA. As far as announcers go, I just mute the TV, there are few that I can think of that are worth listening to. Like wrestling, basketball is a great high school and college sport, but once it crosses into the professional arena it loses it's appeal.

But I'll gladly pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket when the bill arrives.

Anonymous said...
Jun 15, 2007, 10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment