You Create the Caption #30 (Now With Links!)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007


(Usually) Everyday (usually around noon) I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful (or two) of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Yesterday's Top Three.....











"Barry: Papi, How do you like my impersonation of Curt Schilling giving up a home run to the Rockies??"- Look What I can Do

"Barry: ...so Uncle Rico starts throwing the football, and he's doing it all retarded like this. It's really funny. I always wondered why he was named Uncle Rico cuz he ain't Mexican. Hey, you probably got a Uncle Rico, don't you, Big Papi?

Ortiz: Que?"- Chopper Dave

....and your winnar!!!!!

"...and it was this exact moment in my throwing motion when I realized that Sid fuckin' Bream was going to beat the throw."- Keith

Are you funny enough to create a headline for this photo of Nomaaah teaching Posh Spice How to Swing a Bat?


Daily Links:

Someone took the time to actually interview me. (Sports Media Journal)
Mark Cuban Fakes Snorting Coke (Our Book of Scrap)
Rashard Lewis might miss out on millions...and free agency. (NY Post)
What was Kobe Really Saying? (Nyjer Please)
I'm almost this fed up with baseball as well. (Pyle of List)
I'm bitter that I was elimianted, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't still vote. (Ladies...)
Jeff Green officially in the NBA Draft (Flyers Fieldhouse)
Athletes in Movies....what could possibly go wrong? (The Pig Pen)
Remember those crazy Red Sox fans dancing to the bongos? Here's an interview with one of them. (RedSox Monster)
RIP Coach Hep (Rumors and Rants)

People....if you keep sending me this many links my carpal tunnel is going to act up again. Cut it out. Just kidding, keep it up. Great stuff as always.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:18 PM

25 Comments:

I'm teaching this now because I plan to get injured later.

TJX said...
Jun 19, 2007, 1:50:00 PM  

Don't worry, this wood will not bend like Beckham!

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 1:55:00 PM  

In an amazing twist, both said at the same time, "Be careful with that, you might break me."

Noyam said...
Jun 19, 2007, 1:55:00 PM  

"Hey Posh, did you notice this bat is actually thicker than your legs?

Jun 19, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

Just pretend there's some evil food on the ball, keep your eye on it and hit it!

No, you don't use the bat to make you throw up.

E Buzz said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:08:00 PM  

Mia and i have this list. You know. The one where if we meet someone famous, it is ok if we have a little fun. Well, David is on hers and you are on mine. See it's engraved on the bat. So, what do you say? Friday night?

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:09:00 PM  

Nomaah thinking "Wow! I haven't seen anyone this fake since Theo told me I was the Sox shortstop of the future!"

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:09:00 PM  

Nomar: "ok when you swing, remember to line it up with Tom's(cruise)scientology filled head. Don't worry Katie will thank you!"

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:11:00 PM  

Hey Tinkerbell, I bet Beckham's bat isn't this big. Ya know what I mean?

Drew Sarver said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:11:00 PM  

"see, there's more organic matter in the trademark on this bat right here than your in your entire face."

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:15:00 PM  

"No, you'll never get your husband off with that grip. Here, try this ... "

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:22:00 PM  

"By contrast, to get an idea of what it would be like to stroke ME off, try holding it down here at the barrel."

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 2:27:00 PM  

"You're right, Posh, you do only have one less home run than me this season."

GMoney said...
Jun 19, 2007, 3:03:00 PM  

Hey, Posh is it? I'm Nomah, this is my friend Louis(ville Slugger) the bat...One thing you might wanna know about me...If you wanna be my lover...you gotta get with friend...

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 3:59:00 PM  

OH! You said squeeze BUNT!!

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 4:40:00 PM  

You definitely picked the best one. I was going to post one yesterday and stopped after reading the Sid Bream line. I knew I couldn't top it.

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 4:44:00 PM  

"Okay, head down, arms extended, weight on your back foo...what the hell?!? Are those really high-heels?

Ben said...
Jun 19, 2007, 4:47:00 PM  

Uh, ow, just got injured there...

E Buzz said...
Jun 19, 2007, 5:19:00 PM  

"That's weird. So you're saying you actually need talent to become rich and famous playing baseball?"

Unknown said...
Jun 19, 2007, 6:17:00 PM  

You know I'm a back-to-back-to-back AAU national champion, right?

Ray said...
Jun 19, 2007, 7:17:00 PM  

"So to review, if my hand ends up on top, next World Baseball Classic I get to play for Great Britain..."

"... And I get to hit that wanker Ozzie Guillen over the head with this."

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 7:23:00 PM  

You see Posh, this is how big and hard Barry's stick is with a shot of "Flaxseed oil" in his ass.

Anonymous said...
Jun 19, 2007, 10:44:00 PM  

"Now remember to use your wrist on the...wait...David might stay in Europe? Gimme that back!"

I got nothing. I can't stop starting at those high heel sneakers. An absolute fashion disaster.

Mike said...
Jun 19, 2007, 11:09:00 PM  

Thats right thats my cell number right ther .. god your hot.

Anonymous said...
Jun 20, 2007, 8:04:00 AM  

Mrs. Beckham, I'm going to have to ask you to put Ms. Richie down

Jun 20, 2007, 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment