You Create the Caption #25 (Now With Links!)

Friday, June 08, 2007


(Usually) Everyday (usually around noon) I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful (or two) of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Wednesday's Winner: I expected the worst, but I think one comment describes it all.....











"I haven't seen so many pasty-faced white boys since the Manning family reunion."- Anonymous

Yep, that about sums it up.

Are you funny enough to create a headline for this photo of Tim Duncan being interviewed by Michele Tafoya after the Spurs' win last night?


AA's Entry: "Tim, stare into my eyes. Look at that big, fat arm I have....do you know what I could do with that?"

Daily Links:

The Podcast to End All Poscasts (The Basketball Jones)
Chad Johnson As A Horse (Sporting Orange)
If you could fight one athlete who would it be? (Pyle of List)
A bunch of Super Regional previews as the College W.S. approaches (College Baseball)
This MLS Supporters Soccer team from Philly has the sweetest logo I've ever seen (Sons of Ben)

Update: With all of this "ranking" nonsense going around Ballhype/Mister Irrelevant I was curious to see where my Technorati ranking was at. And let me just say that I'm blown away. While I'm not in the Top 10 of either of the above ones I'm in the Top 10K of Technorati. So thank you readers of all shapes and sizes for linking me over the past year. Now I only need about 2 million more mentions to pass The Leader....let's get on that...Okay?

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:15 PM

15 Comments:

Sons of Ben is actually the supporters club for the Philadelphia MLS team, that doesn't exist yet. But we're trying...

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 1:09:00 PM  

Mmmmm microphone.

Unknown said...
Jun 8, 2007, 1:26:00 PM  

... They were strugg-l-ing. I wanna kiss you.

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 1:35:00 PM  

Michelle, girl, get some sleep!

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 1:39:00 PM  

Duncan: "No, no, no, this is not how it's supposed to go. I ask YOU to talk into MY microphone."

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 1:49:00 PM  

"Tim, give us a demonstration of your superior technique."

Signal to Noise said...
Jun 8, 2007, 2:44:00 PM  

Tim, explain why I got knocked out of the would you do tournament, what does that little fink Erin Andrews have that I don't?

TJX said...
Jun 8, 2007, 2:54:00 PM  

"yeah being tall has its perks,like right now I'm looking down your blouse and you seem pretty excited "

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 2:54:00 PM  

When did ESPN start hiring midgets as cameramen? That guy's camera is at your waist. I'm glad we wear long shorts now.

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 3:04:00 PM  

I think the reason for that anon 3:04 is because Tim Duncan may not have been wearing pants.

TJX said...
Jun 8, 2007, 3:25:00 PM  

Tim: We came out strong. Pop had a good game plan. Bruce kept Lebron in check. Tony was great...uh...hello?

Michelle: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Chopper Dave said...
Jun 8, 2007, 3:25:00 PM  

Michelle: So what do you think of Eva?

Tim: Well I think she's pretty hot, Tony's the perfect fit for her, and as a courtesy, I checked for Tonhy, and she's great in bed!

TJX said...
Jun 8, 2007, 3:35:00 PM  

TD: I'm gonna butter your bread.

GMoney said...
Jun 8, 2007, 3:52:00 PM  

You're microphone is almost as big as my microphone!

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 8:15:00 PM  

Thank god you're here...Stuart Scott was harrassing me all the time and has been saying Boo-Yah to me for the last 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...
Jun 8, 2007, 9:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment