Happy Father's Day To You And Yours

Sunday, June 17, 2007



I'm really just posting this to get OMDQ's video of the top of the page. That thing had me choked up for most of the morning. Just kidding (about moving the video...not being choked up).

Pops and I are headed to an O's game where he can repeatedly curse the name of Jay Gibbons live and in-person. On the ride home after the game I'll hear the tale of his no-hitter in highschool, and that if they "benched most of these players...it would send a message" (Sorry Dad....doesn't work that way anymore). He'll end up passing out on the couch, but not before telling me about Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell, Frank Robinson, Earl Weaver, Dave McNally, and for some reason....his favorite player....Larry Sheets???

You know what?

I wouldn't have it any other way....Happy Father's Day everyone. Enjoy the U.S. Open and I'll see you tomorrow for a Day that won't choke you up like Tiger's win today.

Last Year's AA Father's Day Post (Awful Announcing)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:47 AM

1 Comments:

My kid is gonna feel the same way someday when I tell him my favorite player ever was Kevin Romine, who sported a moustache similar to the one worn by Larry Sheets.

Jun 17, 2007, 8:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment