ESPN/ABC's Announcing Teams Announced for 2007 CFB Season

Friday, June 29, 2007



ESPN released all of the College Football information yesterday, but I missed it because of the NBA Draft. Thanks to reader SS for bringing it to my attention, and cleaning up the Press Release in this easy to read format! There's a bunch of changes so try to keep up....

ABC

- Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, & Lisa Salters(primetime)
- Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, Paul Maguire, & Bonnie Bernstein (top afternoon game)
- Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, & Jack Arute (Big XII)
- Dan Fouts, Tim Brant, & Todd Harris (West Coast)
- Terry Gannon, David Norrie, & Jeanine Edwards (select games)

ESPN


- Mike Patrick, Todd Blackledge, & Holly Rowe (ESPN Saturday Primetime)
- Chris Fowler, Doug Flutie, Craig James, & Erin Andrews (ESPN Thursday Primetime)
- Mark Jones, Bob Davie, & Stacey Dales (ESPN2 Saturday Primetime)
- Dave Pasch, Andre Ware, & Erin Andrews (ESPN Saturday Noon)
- Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, & Rob Stone (ESPN Friday Primetime)
- Pam Ward, analyst, reporter TBD (ESPN2 Saturday Noon)
- Rece Davis, Mark May, Lou Holtz, & Todd Harris or Rob Stone (ESPN mid-week games)

ESPNU

- Clay Matvick & Kelly Stouffer (noon)
- Doug Bell & Charles Arbuckle (afternoon)
- Dave Armstrong & Mike Gottfried (primetime)
- Charlie Neal & Jay Walker (HBCU Thursday)
- Larry Coker as an analyst on select games

I guess the biggest changes are....1) Larry Coker is somehow an analyst. 2) Sean McDonough still being paired with a sub-par analyst. 3) The stoner team is still in place for Thursday night games! 4) Dave Pasch, Andre Ware, and Erin Andews forming the prettiest team ever......


...5) and the biggest....Mike Gottfried has been sent to the minors (ESPNU) and Pammy Ward is missing a partner.

I'm pretty neutral on the changes.....nothing really that big happened. And I'm actually going to miss waking up hungover and making fun of Gottfried. I don't know how Deadspin's Hugh Johnson Project will survive.

Update: "AA, I have to disagree with you. The biggest change has to be the breaking up of Musburger and Arute. Rule #6 in the Brent Musburger drinking game will have to be completely rewritten." - Awful Chief

You're so right....I just glossed right over that. Sorry it's early. I do really like that team of Ronnie Franklin and Jake Arute.....Ed Cunningham I could do without.

11 Comments:

AA, I have to disagree with you. The biggest change has to be the breaking up of Musburger and Arute. Rule #6 in the Brent Musburger drinking game will have to be completely rewritten.

Trader Rick said...
Jun 29, 2007, 10:02:00 AM  

Why does Gottfried still have a job? He hasn't been coherent since the '90s. Sounding more inebriated than Tom Brokaw is not a good thing for a broadcaster.

Gangsta D said...
Jun 29, 2007, 10:05:00 AM  

You're 100% right Awful Chief...it's still early for me.

Gangsta D....I don't really know. Has anyone ever confirmed if he actually had a stroke?

Jun 29, 2007, 10:08:00 AM  

I don't get ESPNU, thanks Time Warner, but I am familiar with Charles Arbuckle because he used to do the MAC games of the week on FSN. If you've never heard him, I totally recommend just so you can say you've heard the worst color commentator of all time.

I've been to countless MAC games and their is rarely any substantial crowd noise yet Arbuckle used to scream constantly. It sucked. He made Mark Jackson seem coherent.

GMoney said...
Jun 29, 2007, 10:12:00 AM  

Stroke or not, I need to understand what the color guy is saying. He could always write columns online.

It sucks because I used to love Franklin and Gottfried back in the day.

Miami has a couple games on ESPNU this season. Coker shouldn't do those games. Might be a little awkward for him to comment on guys he recruited, playing harder for a different coach.

Gangsta D said...
Jun 29, 2007, 10:57:00 AM  

The best id Bob Davie being removed fro Saturday Night..uhh.Ifg I had to hear him butcher the word Football into futballl one more time..

Anonymous said...
Jun 29, 2007, 11:41:00 AM  

I feel cheated of the crazy and nonsense that was Pam Ward and Mike Gottfried. I'm sorry. The stupidity level was worth it alone.

Signal to Noise said...
Jun 29, 2007, 12:13:00 PM  

Mark Jones, Bob Davie and ... whoa! ... Stacey Dale! I better find out if I get ESPN2 in HD at home!

Anonymous said...
Jun 29, 2007, 1:00:00 PM  

Pam Ward. When are we going to have a female announcer?

TJX said...
Jun 29, 2007, 1:37:00 PM  

nascar on espn/abc coverage is terrible the either need to pick up thier game or leave!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
Sep 8, 2007, 11:10:00 PM  

Agreed, gangsta d. That old fart Gottfried is incoherent as well as on the verge of senility like Lou Holtz. As a Gator fan I can't stand that Zook apologist and hope he won't be announcing any UF games on ESPN! If he's still pissed because we fired Zook, too effin' bad!

Anonymous said...
Sep 20, 2007, 2:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment