Chris Fowler Might Be Getting A Tad Fed Up With His Employer

Monday, June 11, 2007


Don't know if anyone actually watched the Belmont Stakes over the weekend, but there was a pretty hilarious exchange with Chris Fowler and his viewers. Chris seemed to be getting upset about mistakes and people talking over each other on the broadcast when he finally said this going into commercial break....

"As you can tell, more announcers assigned than horses entered. We will have this Belmont field smothered from all angles."
Now you know how we feel! I love this aspect about every ESPN and non-ESPN telecast. My personal favorite was the twenty six reporters they had cover the Super Bowl even though it wasn't on their network.

Good job Chris.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:40 PM

7 Comments:

For the life of me, I've never understood how the hell he can put up with that asshat Lee Corso week after week during football season. I would've turned to him by now and said something like, "will you just shut the hell up you stupid old man!"

Anonymous said...
Jun 11, 2007, 1:51:00 PM  

He's a better man than us Bruce....I would have said something by now as well.

Jun 11, 2007, 1:54:00 PM  

Oh, Corso's a loveable jackass. And a pencil magnate. I've come to appreciate the guy.

Fowler, meanwhile, is Super Fucking Cool. He was signing autographs between on-air segments at Penn State, and my friend handed him an empty pack of Camel Lights to sign. He laughed, and wrote "CANCER! QUIT! Chris Fowler."

Scrappled said...
Jun 11, 2007, 1:59:00 PM  

Also, even though I'm a college football blogger at heart (and therefore probably biased), that college football pre-game show with Fowler, Herbstreit, and Corso is BY FAR the best thing ESPN has going for it. In terms of content, entertainment, and analysis, it's about 100 levels above anyting ESPN broadcasts.

I sincerely hope they do away with the shitty Big N' Rich song this year, however.

Scrappled said...
Jun 11, 2007, 2:01:00 PM  

We're Comin' To Your CIIIIITAY!

Jun 11, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

Ugh. And even despite that, I love that pre-game show like it's my first-born child.

Scrappled said...
Jun 11, 2007, 3:03:00 PM  

"If you want a little thang in yer ying-yang..."

NO, THANK YOU. But College Gameday is nice; too bad they come out west so few times I was beginning to think the E in ESPN stood for Eastern (as in, Bias).

Anonymous said...
Jun 11, 2007, 5:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment