MySpace and FoxSports

Thursday, May 10, 2007


Quick Note before I get into the story. I hate MySpace. There I said it....I've purposely not created a page to spite some of my friends and I think that's great. Yes I still have one of those stalker accounts so I can search other people, but I think you get my point. I'd love to hear if others feel the same way....maybe then we could start an online community to gather and complain about MySpace.

Anywho, came across this chunk of info and thought you'd get a kick out of it...

Fox Sports is partnering with MySpace and the NFL to create a MySpace page where users can view commercials from Super Bowl XLII. The site will be promoted during each half of Fox’ Super Bowl XLII broadcast. Advertisers will have the option of offering customers “calls to action” after their spots run online including links to their own sites, coupons and contest offerings. An ad for a movie would be able to show an extended trailer.
The thing that cracks me up about this is how far behind the times mainstream media is. Couldn't they have done this 3 years ago, and shouldn't they have? I guarantee you some intern came up with this in 2002 right when MySpace was taking off, and some d-bag suit shot it down. That same suit probably went to Rupert Murdoch the other day and said, "Hey Rupey...what about this MySpace dealie?", and got a $100K raise.

Looks like the NHL is starting one as well......NHL MySpace.

(Above quote from SBD)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:03 PM

4 Comments:

http://www.tommyv2.com/popular.html

great site tat lays out some good points about myspace

Anonymous said...
May 10, 2007, 5:02:00 PM  

srry wrong link
http://www.tommyv2.com/06november20.htm

Anonymous said...
May 10, 2007, 5:03:00 PM  

Good stuff Anon.

May 10, 2007, 5:58:00 PM  

I'm with you AA. I boycott myspace to be spitefull too.

Matt T said...
May 10, 2007, 6:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment