Joe Buck Into S&M?

Monday, May 21, 2007



Joe Buck, who was on the call for Saturday's NYY/NYM game, came up with an odd comparision when responding to a Tim McCarver comment....

TM: I personally don't think players should wear jewelry during games.
JB: "I have to disagree....nothing looks better with a Mets uniform than a diamond choker."

I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong, but isn't a choker something used during...um, bondage? I know it's something that women can regularly wear as well, but isn't "choker" and odd word to choose. Why not just say necklace?


Update: To all of the commenters....yes, I know what a choker is. I've seen women wear them before (contrary to mainstream media I have been with a woman before). I think Anon sums up my thoughts the best.....

"Right before that McCarver commented that he was concerned about spikes getting caught in peoples necklaces. Now if you have a spike, near your necklace, there's a much bigger issue at hand."

Hmm....that seems to add much more validity to my thinking. So much so it's time for a photoshopping. Who knew Extra P knew how to use Photoshop? Check out his work after the jump.


Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:21 AM

13 Comments:

lol - imagining Buck in leathers is funny.

And a little weird.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2007, 12:00:00 PM  

Nah. A choker is simply a tight-fitting necklace worn high on the neck. In everyday use, it does not refer to fetish clothing.

dl004d said...
May 21, 2007, 12:07:00 PM  

D- I'm aware of that, but did it originate from S&M?

Either way it was a very odd way to make a joke.

May 21, 2007, 12:09:00 PM  

no sanchez it is really more of a cringe inducing image.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2007, 1:43:00 PM  

I choked Linda Lovelace.

GMoney said...
May 21, 2007, 3:17:00 PM  

a choker is really just a tight fitting necklace and thats all i've ever heard it referred to as and i think he was trying to use it in a sardonic way because you really dont hear it used much anymore

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2007, 3:31:00 PM  

Betcha Joe's a sub and Pam Oliver is his dom.

Signal to Noise said...
May 21, 2007, 4:34:00 PM  

Joe was just trying to say something interesting while he counts down the days until the NFL starts.

Unknown said...
May 21, 2007, 5:37:00 PM  

Sorry guys,

As a woman who loves jewelry, choker is a a wicked common term we use for a tighter necklace than a typical chain. I think Buck is just getting in touch with his feminine side.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2007, 6:29:00 PM  

Right before that McCarver commented that he was concerned about spikes getting caught in peoples necklaces. Now if you have a spike, near your necklace, there's a much bigger issue at hand.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2007, 6:55:00 PM  

I think that Extra P. knowing how to photoshop is still up for debate.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
May 21, 2007, 8:32:00 PM  

lol S2N!

Anonymous said...
May 22, 2007, 12:58:00 PM  

Anyone care to tell me why I'm getting hits on my blog from this article? The only thing I want to be less associated with than bondage is Joe buck.

-Digital Headbutt

Anonymous said...
May 22, 2007, 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment