Tuesday, March 13, 2007
- Live from Dayton, Ohio, the play-in game.....feel the excitement!
- Continuing from my last live-blog, the most famous/hot alumni from FAMU is sideline reporter Pam Oliver. Pam is currently a #3 in the Big Picture "Would You Do Tournament", significantly higher than her alma mater's seeding
- Just throwing this out there, I think the play-in game should be played by two at-large teams team. Unfair to smaller schools that win their conference tournaments to have to play in this game. Let Arkansas and Stanford go to Dayton and battle it out.
- For those of you who weren't interested at first, Erin Andrews is the sideline reporter. I don't know about anyone else out there, but whenever Erin Andrews is on TV, traffic to my blog increases significantly.
- Niagara is in purple, FAMU in bright orange in green. Which team looks more flamboyant?
- Fischer, the best play on either team, strikes first for Niagara.
- Did anyone else bet on this game, because I think it's the only way you could legitimately be interested in this game. I took Niagara
- Fischer is called Baby Barkley by Fran....no way, that title has been claimed by Anthony Ivory
- Three by Fischer gives Niagara a quick 9-2 lead...TO FAMU......This could get ugly quick
Niagara 9 FAMU 2
AA said "Where is the camera stationed, Columbus?" Yeah, it's not like the game is being played in Montana, they should have a place to put the camera.
- By the way AA, you can clearly see I haven't mastered the "Read More" feature
- Another three by NU....I may be regretting waking up to live-blog this game
16:000 TO Niagara 12 FAMU 2
- Had to grab a some Gatorade (hating the taste of it at this point) 12-5 NU at my return. Anyone got any other suggestions of somthing to drink while sick other than Gatorade
- Damn, did I miss Erin Andrews? CLEARLY, the best part of this game
- Interesting fact, the Committee said it will not place two schools from Black schools against each other in the play-in game, despite the fact the two lowest rated teams this year were Jackson State and FAMU
- Niagara is just dominating this game in every aspect....they are playing like they are really pissed to be in the play-in game
- Another foul downlow by FAMU, the Rattlers already have 6 fouls at the 12:0 mark
- Niagara shooting 40%, FAMU 19%
12:00 Niagara 17 FAMU 7
- Wait......I think I just heard Lavin trying to flirt with Erin Andrews again
- AA, what exactly is the Lavin-Andrews story?
- Another three by NU....the game isn't even as close as the 20-7 score indicates
- Figured I would let you guys hear this first, just got done flipping for the penny bracket and the Final Four is Ohio State, Davidson, Oral Roberts and Virginia Tech
- Hahah, Syracuse is a #2 seed in the NIT and they have to play South Alabama. I think Troy Nunes needs a hug
- FAMU isn't doing itself any favors by missing a ton of free throws
- Really surprised to see FAMU has a white coach....and he married the play-by-play guys sister? What?
- I missed the actually "details" to that story because of a sweet alley-oop by NU
- FAMU has something going downlow with Glover....don't look now but it's down to 7
- 5th turnover by FAMU leads to a breakaway lay-up that cuts the lead to 5
- Now it's 3 after another bucket by FAMU.... and finally a deadball after 3 minutes
5:00 NU 24 FAMU 21
- Woah, Erin COMPLETY stumbles over a story about Tyrone Lewis's sister being shot by a gang. At least your hot...
- OMDQ said - I just had a random thought: what if they projected winners of sporting events like they do for political races?
"With 38% of the game played, our analysts are projecting Niagara as the winner of this matchup."
That reasoning would have given the 1994 Super Bowl to the Houston Oilers
- Quick TV TO, we have a ball game
4:00 NU 29 FAMU 26
- Niagara three's aren't falling anymore, FAMU cuts it to 1
- FAMU has no turnovers...and a three gives the Ratters their first lead at 31-29....I NEVER saw this coming
- FAMU's zone has thrown Niagara completely out of whack
- Great call on the jump ball by the refs after first turnover by FAMU
- Niagara's gameplan: Pass around the perimeter and launch threes. Which has resulted in 10 straight bricks
- Has there ever been a play-in game buzzer-beater?
- Late bucket by Niagara gives the Eagles a 35-31 heading into the half. Much more interesting than I thought it would be....
Niagara 35 FAMU 31