March Madness- Round 2 In Quotes

Sunday, March 18, 2007



Well now we're playing with fire. We've had some good games the past two days, and some better announcing. Not as many mistakes this time around, but the sexual innuendo is still there. Enjoy......

"A subtle deuce on the other end"- Tim Brando

"Paul Simon comes to mind…..You can call me Al"- Verne Lundquist on Al Horford

"I think we've seen this before in a Georgetown uniform... Who's your daddy!?!!?" - Jay Bilas (Thanks East Coast Bias)

"He’s a load……you gotta go 2 on him"- Bill Raftery

"I think that thing had a vibrating effect"- Jim Spanarkel

"I’ve never touched you while watching a basketball game"- Packer to Nantz

And my favorite from Round number two..........back to the A-Team........


"Was that your note or one of the google boys?"- Raftery
"The google boys are the guys in our production truck for those of you at home."- Lundquist

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:12 PM

8 Comments:

Did you catch Greg Gumbel's sign off at the end of CBS' coverage tonight? I swear he said, "No low seeds advance to the Sweet 16. That's what we like to see."

Not an exact quote, of course, but as close as I can remember. Just wondering if anyone else caught it or heard it more clearly.

Mar 18, 2007, 11:22:00 PM  

OMDQ - I thought that was sarcasm.

Signal to Noise said...
Mar 19, 2007, 12:28:00 AM  

I don;t know if these ones count, but it sounded odd at the time:

“Roy Williams can bring in fresh body after fresh body…they signal with a fist”-Jay Bilas

“Get on the floor for it!”-Jay Bilas

Mike said...
Mar 19, 2007, 12:36:00 AM  

“He banks it in! So they’re open in Columbus on Sundays, huh!”-Tim Brando

Mike said...
Mar 19, 2007, 12:58:00 AM  

Is it me, or was Bilas trying to ape Raftery's inflections? Definitely sounded that way to me. I was not amused.

Gangsta D said...
Mar 19, 2007, 11:42:00 AM  

One comment that hasn't been mentioned, Verne Lundquist commenting on the empty seats in the New Orleans arena: "It's a reminder that there are still other things on people's minds."

Like: "Man, I know it was St. Patty's Day, but I am never drinking hurricanes again. And this time, I mean it. Where the fuck is my wallet?"

Grimey said...
Mar 19, 2007, 12:14:00 PM  

STN - That makes sense. I'd hate to think he would actually say something like that out loud and mean it.

Mar 19, 2007, 5:42:00 PM  

On the empty seats in New Orleans, St. Patrick's Day is the only locals holiday where tourists don't screw everything up. They were probably down on Magazine St. catching cabbages and carrots at the parade.

J-Red said...
Mar 27, 2007, 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment