Joe Buck Heading Back to the Booth

Thursday, March 29, 2007


For those of you that thought FOX was possibly going to stick with Buck in the pregame show for good are going to be a tad upset. Joe Buck is headed back into the booth with partner Troy Aikman, and will not be returning as host of FOX's Pregame Show....

Buck will do only play-by-play next season, as the network will split the duties after incurring higher-than-expected costs for taking "Fox NFL Sunday'' on the road last year. It was conducted at the site of the game Buck was working.
Oh well....a boy could dream that he was on his way out. Now we get Buck-Aikman for another 14 NFC East games next season.
Who's replacing him? Well it's pretty obvious, but.....
Curt Menefee, who filled in for Buck when he was broadcasting postseason baseball last October and also bridged the gap when Buck had to leave the pregame show set to prepare for the broadcast, will become the host and work from the network's studios in Los Angeles.
So there you have it. Joe Buck is back with his boy Aikman, and Curt Menafee is the Host. All is good in the world (not really). The best part of the story is the little insight into the family lives of both Joe and Troy.
"I love doing games with him, I value his friendship, he's one of my best friends," Buck said. "Our families vacation together, we really enjoy one another and ... I would really hate myself for walking away from that. That was really the decision for me: Do I want to go out to LA every week and be part of the pregame show, or do I want to continue building with Troy to try to get to that level where the class in the history of network television football play-by-play booths is Madden and Summerall. That's what everybody is striving for, that takes decades."
Oh that's good. Compare yourself to Madden and Summerall. Nope you're not conceited at all.....great comparison you ass. (P.S.- Is Buck wearing lipstick in that above picture.)



Buck Won't do Fox's Pregame Show (STLToday)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:16 PM

6 Comments:

The real question is, are they still going to let him and McCarver do baseball games?

La Rev said...
Mar 29, 2007, 2:05:00 PM  

Good. This is the decision that should have been made last year. Menefee is at least serviceable, though no JB.

And that's definitely some lip gloss in that picture above.

la rev - of course they are.

Signal to Noise said...
Mar 29, 2007, 2:15:00 PM  

I think Menafee does a very good job. He lets the show breathe.

I eagerly await Joe Buck's smarmy morality during Eagles games.

Scrappled said...
Mar 29, 2007, 2:31:00 PM  

I agree on Menafee.

Doesn't it seem like Buck does a good 20 Eagles games a year?

Mar 29, 2007, 2:34:00 PM  

I hate Joe Buck!

Unknown said...
Mar 30, 2007, 2:19:00 PM  

I'm so happy I could freaking cry. Well, I'd cry if it was buck who got arrested and fired like Maas.

Ugh, I so just want him to disappear forever.

If there's a god he wouldn't allow Buck to broadcast. That's the greatest evidence to there being no god..

Anonymous said...
Jul 10, 2007, 9:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment