Cornbread Apologizes

Thursday, March 01, 2007

So Cedric Maxwell apologized yesterday, and the world is a better place. Actually no it isn't, but I'll skip ahead to the apology...

"If I said anything that might have been insensitive or sexist in any way, then I apologize because she worked extremely hard to get where she is now, end of quote," Maxwell said before the Celtics' game against the New York Knicks on WEEI-AM, which is owned by Entercom Communications.

"This really has been a fire storm," he added later.

Maxwell's co-announcer, Sean Grande, followed the apology by saying their show would not change. "We are not changing the way we do our jobs because of the tendency of media outlets to present people's comments in a way that serves their story," Grande said.

You know what....I think you should change. How about not saying derogatory things to upset large groups of people. That's a start right???

I know that we live in a society that is very (sometimes overly so) PC oriented, but this has to stop. I'm not getting on a soapbox here, but if you find what CM said funny, I feel sorry for you. A) We've established that it's hurtful, and B) It just wasn't funny. Maybe in the 40s that would have gotten a chuckle, but come on.....the kitchen? That's like saying women have smaller feet just so they can get closer to the sink (I kid I kid).

Maybe Holly Rowe should make a joke about Maxwell using a separate water fountain, and they'd be even. You see my point? Too many double standards. Let's just go back to what got us here......not make fun of Race, Sexual Orientation, Disabilities, and Gender......but rather make fun of each other's idiocy and dumbness. (More on this in the next post.)

I'll be first. I tried to save my brand new template last night and erased the whole thing, I fell down a set of stairs this morning in front of roughly 2o people, and I actually didn't think the Wizards would be THAT bad without Antawn Jamison.

LET THE JOKES COMMENCE!

Maxwell Apologizes for Ref Comments (CNNSI)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment