So You Were Going To Watch The Pro Bowl?

Friday, February 09, 2007

Think again.....

CBS will air the Pro Bowl for the first time in 35 years this Saturday, and it will be a grand ole' time!

Your Announcers....

The Booth: Three man team....Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf, and Phil Simms
The Sideline: One man...one mouth.....Shannon Sharpe

NOOOOOOOOOOO! On SBL they asked me what my ideal team to call the Super Bowl would be.....well this would be the opposite. I couldn't pick a worse team if my life depended on it.

Shannon Sharpe on the sidelines should be fun right? Him interviewing Belichick at halftime would be awesome.

Sharpe: Flabbity Flab Flab Flab Flabbiddy Flab
Belichick: (silence)
Sharpe: Flab.........Flabbers........Flab Flab Flab
Belichick: I think both teams played hard.
Sharpe: Flab....thaflabnks coach.....flabbers

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:09 PM

11 Comments:

Oh, hell no. I think I'll stick to the NBA on Sunday.

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 9, 2007, 4:33:00 PM  

Uh, no thanks. I'll be heading up to the mountains.

Scrappled said...
Feb 9, 2007, 4:36:00 PM  

shannon sharpe turns a sideline report into a stand-up routine!

The Big Picture said...
Feb 9, 2007, 10:36:00 PM  

Wait... the Pro Bowl is usually on TV? That's news to me.

twins15 said...
Feb 10, 2007, 2:37:00 AM  

The Sideline: One man...one (very large, horse-shaped) mouth.....Shannon Sharpe

Sooze said...
Feb 10, 2007, 2:34:00 PM  

OK, normally I don't watch the Pro Bowl, but I'm just biding my time until Florida/Kentucky, but Greg Gumbel just said the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Tiki Barber throws a halfback-option pass 45 yards in the air, and it gets picked off by Ed Reed. Pretty nice looking throw.

Coming back from commercial, Greg Gumbel says, "Well, Tiki Barber can't be too happy about that throw."

Someone needs to tell Greg... 1) It's a fucking All-Star game, 2) Tiki could give a shit about who wins, considering he doesn't play football for a living any more, 3) it's a fucking All-Star game.

And Peyton Manning just threw incomplete on fourth and goal, so the turnover did not prove costly. Except for the lost field position, that could haunt them later.

Grimey said...
Feb 10, 2007, 6:25:00 PM  

I'm listening right now, and, ouch, this announce team is horrible!

Anonymous said...
Feb 10, 2007, 6:54:00 PM  

Ooh that's hot, it's almost halftime. I think I'm going to run down and turn the game on to see if Sharpe will interview Belichick going into the half.

- b said...
Feb 10, 2007, 7:38:00 PM  

Meh. Time better spent on college hoops. Time to put Vitale on mute...

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 10, 2007, 9:06:00 PM  

I should do a study of how many people actually listen to Vitale when he's on. If, say, 50% of the country is watching the game on mute, shouldn't they fire him?

Eric (Extra P.) said...
Feb 11, 2007, 9:20:00 AM  

At least Bryant Gumbel wasn't there, that would have been awful!

SAMO said...
Feb 12, 2007, 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment