NBA All-Star Game Live Blog- 3rd Quarter

Sunday, February 18, 2007













And we're back! Christina didn't get naked but she yell-sang a lot. Sorry for the One Tree Hill photo, but I think the Tree Hill Ravens could beat the East at this point.

P.S.- Was that the same Toni Braxton that caused such a rift between Jamal Mashburn, Jimmy Jackson, and Jason Kidd?

Leading Scorers:

West- Kobe with 17, Melo with 12, Stoudemire with 11
East- Lebron with 19, Howard with 8, Arenas with 8

Kobe has 19 with 2 FTs early. Stoudemire with a funky reverse, and Howard with another slam......this is enthralling. Am I watching the Rookie-Sophmore game?

Did Craig Sager just do an ad for Jeep in that crap ass suit?!?!?!?! That was horrible.

There were 14 turnovers in about a 20 second span. The Awful GF compares Tony Parker to "Tea Bag" from Prison Break.....calling them both skeevy. Pretty sure she's done for the night.....don't blame her.

Wayne Newton sitting next to the Governator!

My prop bet of Over 47 Alley Oops missed should be coming to fruition with one more miss.

Caron Butler is just pressing for a score about now. Amare is taking over and could be surpassing Kobe for MVP.....he has 23 now. 12 points in the quarter. Marion with a windmill, and this is just silly.

105-74......that's a 31 point lead folks. Hey a Haier commercial......still don't know what they do.

Signal 2 Noise said...Also: did anyone else catch Charles calling out the black jack dealers at Mandalay Bay?

"So what do you have to say to them?" - KS
"I can't use that kind of language on TV." - Sir Charles

Ha....can't believe I missed that. Sorry for the lack of comments, but I can't keep up with this craptastic game, and the comments at the same time. My bad.

Seven missed threes in a row, and Carmelo gets a dunk. Steve Kerr says Eddie Jordan is calling two timeouts this quarter because he's upset with the East's defense. Right Steve.....riiiiiight.

Ray Allen is just standing at the three point line and has now hit 4 of them.

Gilbert backs off his MVP talk, and don't tell any of my Washington DC brothers (Mister Irrelevant and Unsilent Majority), but I wish Gilbert would just shut up for a few months until the Wiz get to the playoffs.

End of the third........119-88. See you in another post.....if you're still awake.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:02 PM

9 Comments:

Anyone else notice the differences between Christina and Britney (aside from one having, you know, a full head of hair)? I mean they came on the scene almost simultaneously. Christina was the slutty one while Brit was the innocent one. They seem to have completely gone polar opposites. Does it have anything to do with the fact that one can actually sing (some lungs on Christina, literally) and the other lip synced her concerts? Man, the game must be boring for me to type what, 200 words, on the halftime show entertainment versus the Redneck Trainwreck (HT: S2N).

DCScrap said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:11:00 PM  

Christina's still got a dirty mind, even post leather-chaps and piercings in all places, judging by the words that had to be taken out of "Candyman."

I always thought she'd wind up nuts, but she's married and stable and Britney went all Defcon 5 on us.

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:13:00 PM  

Also: did anyone else catch Charles calling out the black jack dealers at Mandalay Bay?

"So what do you have to say to them?" - KS
"I can't use that kind of language on TV." - Sir Charles

And yes, that was the same Toni Braxton. Betcha Jason Kidd wishes he had stuck with her.

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:15:00 PM  

K, I'm a little behind, I had to go back and look at the quick shot of Hasselhoff in the intro to the third quarter. The man is amazing.

Grimey said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:19:00 PM  

Yes, I did take note that the left a word out there. My point, of course, was that CA is now trying to look and dress like Grace Kelly, while TRT is apparently trying to look like a crack-addled James Carville.

DCScrap said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:24:00 PM  

BTW, how funny is it that the first time I pull out "The Redneck Trainwreck", you (S2N) are right there...boom! Good thing I righteously gave you the hat tip, huh?

DCScrap said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:26:00 PM  

Scrap, I'm not precious about it; I just think it's good to have the term out there.

Those of you who bet the Under are still in luck -- the East is missing enough shots to make it worthwhile.

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:36:00 PM  

The West has 71 bench points already... holy shit

Grimey said...
Feb 18, 2007, 10:39:00 PM  

I just realized that this game has been on my TV for 45 minutes and I've looked at the screen three times. It's pretty much being used as background music to my blog viewing.

I love this game!

Feb 18, 2007, 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment