The CAA Is Very Sideline Reporter Friendly

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Well I had to head into work. Took an hour so I'm a little late posting today. Most of the videos mentioned in the last post hinged on me being at home and spending the time to put them together. You will only get a couple today, but don't fret.....more to come. Here's the first.

For some reason the CAA has allowed students of the conference's schools to be sideline reporters for a game. Someone needs to tell this kid to stop blinking. Maybe he can go to the Rachel Nichols school of starring. He really scares me for some reason. I have nightmares of him and his deep "on-air" voice standing over top of me while I sleep.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:52 AM

5 Comments:

No sending him to the "Rachel Nichols" school of staring. I don't think anyone wants that guy learning the "let's fuck" stare.

Signal to Noise said...
Feb 14, 2007, 1:24:00 PM  

I worked at Fenway Park this past summer and ESPN had Nichols in the house for some sideline reporting at a Sox/Yanks game. She's as unprofessional as they come, following the likes of Jeter and Rodriguez around with the "let's fuck" stare mentioned above. It's pathetic, she should be tossed from that network. Totally worthless.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2007, 3:37:00 PM  

I thought the guy did a good job, blinking notwithstanding.

Maybe someday we can hear a game called by him and former UAB star Squeaky Johnson.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2007, 3:54:00 PM  

was I the only one who was waiting for him to just bust out with "aaaaand BOOM goes the dynamite!"

WCT said...
Feb 14, 2007, 9:12:00 PM  

That dude loses 40 pounds and he might be a decent studio guy. Kinda reminds me of Jay Glazer on Ritalin with the eye thing. We all know there's no reason for a sideline reporter for any sporting event other than NASCAR or Golf (of course the pit area is not really the sidelines, same w/Golf). Obviously that's why you get floozies like Rachael Nichols and Erin Andrews roaming around. Not that I'm complaining about the scenery...

Meatwad said...
Feb 15, 2007, 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment