Bowl Predictions- Contest

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So every year I attempt to bat a thousand when picking the Bowl Games. I've gotten relatively close a few times. 5 games off and 7 games off, and during the 5 loss year I was even given the moniker of Picky McPickerson. I have a really good feeling though that this is the year.

So my challenge to you AA readers.......try and beat me.

We're going to have an open thread during each of the bowl games with a preview and my prediction. I will most likely have a live(ish)-blog for each of the games and we'll be able to talk trash to each other and about each of the 7,000 Announcers ESPN will trot out there over the next few weeks.

Before each game just email me your pick (using the spread) at AwfulAnnouncing@Gmail.com and/or post a comment in the open thread. You can also just email me your entire pick list before tonight's game as well (if the spread changes I'll email you back for the new pick). I'll keep a running tally and the winner will be dubbed champion with the prizes listed below.

We start tonight.......Pointsettia Bowl......Northern Illinois and Garrett Wolfe's 1900 Yards VS. The #25 TCU Horned Frogs........8pm from Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. The AA posted spread is TCU by 12...it won't change so get your picks to me before 8pm.

The Prize: You've seen it before....you've always wanted to buy it....but it IS a tad expensive........













Yep....your very own Free Harold! Shirt. You also get a free post on the site of whatever you want to talk about.

Free Harold Shirt: $20
Free AA Post: $Priceless

Let's have some fun this Holiday Season.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:47 PM

2 Comments:

Oh I see ... you go Pro and now there are contests?! You have changed B ... you have changed ...

... Sell Out!

Unknown said...
Dec 19, 2006, 2:29:00 PM  

I guess you are going to give your pick right before the game?

Are you really going to watch every single bowl game? You're more man than I am. Most of those match ups are just brutal.

I wonder if ESPN is actually going to send their announcers to the game or just have them sit in front of an big screen HGTV in a room in Bristol to do the game?

Jay said...
Dec 19, 2006, 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment