Tiki takes on ESPN

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Some of you may or may not have seen this, but I love this story.

Michael Irvin is an Idiot and Blanket Journalist (Fanhouse)

Tiki's response that he's a quitter....

"I will call them 'idiots' because they have neither spoken to me nor any one of my teammates or any of my coaches, yet all they do is criticize me for being a distraction with this retirement thing...That includes New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers, that includes Tom Jackson on ESPN, that includes the ultimate character guy, facetiously speaking, of course, Michael Irvin (of ESPN), please get a clue how to be a journalist. Don't make blanket assumptions about it."
Wow....that's harsh and only mostly true. Tom and Michael are not journalists, but they are idiots. I don't mind Tom Jackson that much, but everyone knows my feelings on Irvin.

I (like everyone else) am a little sick of all Tiki being everwhere, but you have to respect him as a player. (The car commercials and political events get to be a little much sometime). But considering that Tiki will most likely become a Football Analyst in some capacity when he's done....he's setting himself up get big money from one of the major Network shows. In fact, I think he could take over for Buck as the host of the FOX broadcast.

Hmm, me sense an Announcer War in the near future.....me likey.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:45 AM

2 Comments:

Unfortunately, Michael Irvin won't realize he's been insulted by Barber. I doubt he knows what "facetiously" means.

Big Al said...
Oct 26, 2006, 12:17:00 PM  

Michael Irvin has no use for Tiki Barber. Having never been involved in a team controversy or criminal trial, Tiki can't provide Michael with the overly empathetic, faux emotional, come-to-Jesus interview that Irvin thinks is his specialty.

But I didn't think Tiki Barber was interested in sportscasting. He's a news guy. Really. Ever see him on Fox & Friends? He's good. I might love him.

Irene Done said...
Oct 26, 2006, 7:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment